XXVII.

Kendra in multimedia

______

Nicki,

"Baby come on before the movie starts." Nasir yelled to me from the living room while I frantically drizzled the hot delicious butter over the popcorn. He could rush me all he wanted, but who could watch a movie without snacks?

"I'm coming as fast as I can." I replied, speed walking into the living room before Nasir started the movie without me. I took my seat next to him on the couch and snuggled up under him to get comfortable. Today we decided that with everything going on recently, we should just stay in and watch our favorite movies.

The idea was cool to me. I didn't have to worry about my appearance while in the house and it would really get my mind off of Cassie and her motives. Nasir was trying to steer me away from thinking about it, but that wasn't happening until I know she's one hundred percent under control.

My mind tussled with the thoughts of what Cassie could possibly have up her sleeve. I couldn't even focus on the movie playing without wrecking my brain about a plan to make sure on one went to jail. Nasir embraced me closer as the Lion King played on television.

"What makes this your favorite movie?" I asked out of pure curiosity.

"Well for one its a classic. I use to watch this joint right here all the time as a shorty. I also dig the deeper meaning behind it." Nasir explained.

I could only nod my head at his words. The message behind this film was important and maybe one day this will be my kids favorite movie. My focus was on the television screen for a minute before I heard my phone start to ring.

Nasir paused the movie to give me a chance to see who it was and what they wanted. I picked my phone up and saw that Kendra was calling. I turned the screen to Nasir to let him see who it was.

"Hey girl."

"Turn on the news right now!" Kendra frantically yelped into my ear from the other side of the phone.

I pulled the phone away from my ear avoiding my ear drum bussing and told Nasir to turn to the news channel before whatever Kendra had to show us was off.

Still hearing Kendra in the background, Nasir and I caught what was going down and couldn't believe this was happening. Cassie was standing on the screen talking to a reporter. The woman asked Cassie questions and she responded. The headline of the discussion below them read: Lawyer finds dead body in backyard.

"So what exactly led to this investigation? I assume you were motivated from somewhere." The reporter asked putting the microphone up to Kendra's freshly done red lips.

"Well I saw the victims family not getting the answers they deserved and wanted to help. I want justice for the victim and his family."

"That's so kind of you, Ms. Smith. Now with all of this new evidence in your hands, what's next? Are you guys close to figuring out who did this? Are their any lead suspects? The people back at home want to know."

Cassie looked puzzled like she wanted to choose her words carefully before saying something she'd regret on national television. A knot formed in my stomach at her next choice of words. She could easily say my name and have the whole city of New York think I killed Jaydon, but let's see what route she takes.