XXIII.

Cassie in multimedia

______

Nicki,

I nestled deeper into Nasir's chest and slowly started to drift off back to sleep. This has been the most soothing sleep I have had in a while and I'm sure it was because I had someone hear to embrace me and keep me warm. Usually, since O'sane died I would only sleep for about an hour or two and just be up for the rest of night thinking about him and life itself.

Nasir has crossed my mind a few times during those late nights where it was no one with me, but my thoughts. Which can be a good or bad thing, but for me, it brought peace to the heavy thoughts I wanted to think about at times out of anger for my brother being killed.

Ever since yesterday the storming rage kind of calmed down after what I did to Jaydon. I didn't plan on killing him like that, in fact one sleepless night I thought of multiple ways to kill him and make him suffer and putting a bullet in him wasn't on the list.

To be honest a gun was never my go to weapon. To me, it didn't solve any problems and niggas had gotten too trigger happy over the years and would shoot recklessly. That was a turn off. I had never even pulled the trigger of gun until yesterday and now I'm a little afraid that I'll end up being in love with the shit like Bishop off of juice.

Seeing Jaydon bleed out on the floor and gasp his few last breaths brought a great deal of peace to my heart. It made me feel like O'sane had gotten justice and possessed me in that moment to do what he wanted to do before Jaydon murdered him.

Nasir tightened his hold on me as I tussled in the sheets. When my mind started to roam there was no going back to sleep, but I didn't want to wake Nasir. He looked peaceful when he slept and after his part in the whole show down yesterday I'm sure he was tired. Maybe I owed him a slight thank you for saving my life. Who knows how badly I could have been beaten if Nasir hadn't come when he did.

My knight in shining armor is what Kendra often calls Nasir. Although she's right, this man has came to my rescue in every sense. He indirectly rescued me from a relationship that was doomed from the start, helped me go hunt down O'sane the day he passed and just yesterday he saved my life. I wasn't too big on owing people, but I most definitely owed Nasir something for all that he's done for me.

Nasir turned on his side and still didn't let my body go from under his. His hold had gotten soft for second, but he secured it again. I was facing him and watching him sleep soundfully like a bear in hibernation. The women inside of me that dreamed of this day after day was loving every second of this, but the other side was woke too and reminded me that this man I was desperately in love with was still with another women.

Reality clicked in and I tried to push myself out of Nasir's grasp without waking him up. "Where you going?" He asked with his eyes barely open.

I didn't know how to say that I wanted him to leave without sounding like my feelings weren't hurt. Besides, Nasir read through all of my facades anyway.

"I have to pee."

"Hold it. I need five more minutes." Without restraint I laughed a little at Nasir thinking that I was about to hold my pee, so that he could finish sleeping.

"What are you crazy? My bladder ain't about to suffer for you."

Nasir laughed and released his hold on me. I ran to the bathroom on my tip toes like the midget that I was and made it in time before I peed on myself. Just as I was done washing my hands, Nasir was right there at the door waiting for me finish so that he could come in right after. He pecked my lips quickly before I could curve him and brushed past me to the toilet.