XX.

Nas in multimedia

______

Nicki,

The waiting room was filled with awkward silence. Everyone sat in silence and the only thing you heard was the tapping of my heel against the blue tile floor. It had been going on thirty minutes to an hour and O'sane was still not out of surgery. They said it would be done as quick as it could be, but I can't lie and say that I'm not rushing because I am.

I was ready to see my baby brother and tell him how everything would be okay and to never scare me like this again. Only lord knows how fast my heart and stomach dropped to my ass at the sight of O'sane laying in his own pool of blood.

My emotions were just at an all time high and mixed the hell up. I was angry as fuck that Jaydon was the one that did this and yet my anger was overshadowed by the sadness of my own brother being shot. It took me back to when daddy's friends came knocking on our front door all those years ago to let us know that he had passed away over some drugs. The difference was though, my dad had not actually died and was just hiding away all those years. O'sane was really on his death bed; there was no telling how much blood he lost and one wrong move in that emergency room and he wouldn't make it.

Don't think like that, Onika. I thought to myself. I had to only think happy thoughts if I wanted happy outcomes, but it's hard.

Nasir walking back over to where we sat took my attention away from the demons in my head. He took his place back in the seat directly next to mine and like I did before he moved, put my head on his shoulder.

"Want some?" He asked, holding out the bag of blue cool ranch Doritos.

I shook my head no before answering, "Nah, I can't eat right now. Plus I prefer the purple bag you should know this."

We shared a laugh at my pickyness and went back to the silence once again. I closed my eyes to focus more on relaxing while we awaited the update from a doctor. Nasir lifted his arm and wrapped it around my body bringing me in closer and making me warmer. When people said that hospitals were always cold they were not lying.

I took in the smell of Nasir's scent that I had grew a custom to having to smell at least one time a day. Nasir worked a random and busy schedule so at times our alone time would be cut short, but he always knew how to make it up to me. Our feelings for one another had grown over the few weeks of us making things official and everyday it felt fresher everytime.

We shared a feeling that let one another know that we deeply cared about the other persons well being. Me and Nasir were going on three weeks strong of being in a relationship and I could not be more excited to call him mine and I'm sure the feeling was mutual. When the two of us were together the world would stop and it would just be us in our own little bubble. This type of feeling was unfamiliar at first because I had never been with a guy that cherished every moment with me like treasure or an ancient artifact. Nasir lit my fire in a way no man ever has.

I guess that's why I was so hesitant at first to really put all my feelings out on the table. No matter the number of men I encounter, none of them spoke to my soul without saying words like Nasir did. In just two hookups, a few heartfelt kisses, and "i love you's" I was head over heels for a man that was already involved with another women. That was another reason I kept Nasir on his toes, I refused to give in to him if he was just using me for sex until the other chick got a grip of herself. Although it was clear that he had been wanting an escape from their relationship. It just took for a better, sexier woman to come along and that woman happened to be me. I'm not going anywhere, me and Nasir are in way to deep.