VIII.

O'sane and supporting cast above

_____

O'sane,

The game was close and my homie, Messiah, was beating me by three points. We checked the ball so that I could do whatever I needed to be done to score a point and get closer to winning. "C'mon you can't stand right here dribbling all day." Messiah tested me as we made very competitive eye contact.

"Nigga, shut up." I retorted and shifted to the left and back to the right as he followed my every move. This nigga was giving good defense and wasn't letting up, but I had to make a move because I refuse to lose to his non-basketball playing ass. I acted like I was going for a three pointer and of course Messiah reached to block it, but I was really going for a layup. Goofy ass. It was practically impossible to make a three pointer from here, any true ball player knows that.

I ran up to the hoop and threw the ball up, watching it swiftly fall thought the net. I was now two points behind. One more to go. It was my turn again and I tossed the ball to him for him to check it. "Man, can y'all hurry up? We gotta be there by two." My other corny ass homie, Rashad, said. These been my niggas since freshman year and frankly I don't know how we made it being friends now that we're seniors.

Rashad was a little more like the parent out of the three of us. He was always trying to get either me or Messiah out of trouble, but sometimes came up short and got pulled down with us. At times I often wondered what makes him still want to be around us. His mother hated that he hung out with us instead of "people with his level of maturity" as she always said.

Not that me and Messiah are bad kids or anything its just we spend our hours differently than Rashad. We all got the same grades most of the time, mostly when Rashad does our homework, but we were sort of alike if you really look at it. I had one more shot to make. If I scored a two-pointer shot I would lose so right now its all or nothing. Messiah guarded me and tired to steak the ball o few times, but I was too fast. Now is my moment. When Messiah attempted to steal the ball again I quickly tossed it to my right hand and shot a three. Of course it was all net.

"Daaamn. He just straight crossed you G." Rashad taunted Messiah in surprise to me winning. Don't ever doubt me; you'll only look stupid in the end.

"Shut up." Messiah said in a childish manner. Every since we were kids he was never the one to be good at losing. It was just something in him that always had to win. Not that its anything wrong with winning, but there is something wrong with it being necessity in everything you participate in. I joined in on the laughter just because I knew it would piss Messiah off more. He playfully pushed me as I made my way over to the bench with my water bottle on it.

Today there was a party going on and of course me and my boys had to attend. "Aight come on. Imma go wash this sweat off and we'll make our way over that way."

"Gabriela gon' be there?" Rashad asked giving me a toothy grin. I blushed a little as she ran through my mind. Me and Gabriela been dating for a while now, first it was just sex, but eventually she found a way to make me loyal. "Yeah she suppose to slide through with a couple of her friends. You need to get on that, nigga and stop being scary." I told Rashad.

"He ain't getting no play." Messiah joked before taking a swig of his blue Gatorade.

"Ya'll know my situation." Rashad replied. That made me remember what he was referring to. Rashad was a virgin. I don't remember him ever explaining if he was celibate or just a scrub, but whatever the case was, he tripping. Not saying that there is anything particularly wrong with saving yourself for marriage its just not something I would recommend. Especially in your teenage years, you should be exploring before you settle down. Now I would also like to clarify that exploring doesn't mean I fucked every girl I met, but I simply laid wood on a few bitches. That was before Gabriela took me off the market of course.