XVII.

Messiah in multimedia

______

Messiah,

I buttoned the last button to my shirt and stepped back a little to admire my attire for today. Today was graduation and to keep it a buck, I did not think I would even be receiving a diploma.

School was never really my forté, but if anyone that's successful knows anything: its that school matters. When I didn't get accepted to any colleges that I applied for my self esteem went for an all time low. What else was I suppose to do? New york wasn't a good place to stay after graduation especially considering all of the drama that's been going on for the last couple of months.

My cousin Jaydon was crazy. Nah, scratch that the nigga is a psychopath. Although it is ultimately my fault for even introducing him to O'sane, I too, wanted in on the drug business. Well now I regret everything. Is it all too late to be having seconds thoughts is the question.

Here I was letting the thought of whether or not I should set my best friend up to get killed by my cousin run through my mind. Did I even have a choice? If I chose to side with O'sane who knows what crazy way Jaydon would choose to kill the both of us and if I decided to choose family the death of O'sane would basically be on my hands. Shit, O'sane's death would be on my hands either way.

A mellow knock on my room door tapped me out of my thoughts. "Yeah?"

"Siah, baby you up? Its graduation day." My mother said excitedly on the other side of the door. The fact that my achievement made my mother this proud brought a smile to my face. Although I may not be the best son in the world, she was always the best mother.

I opened the door to my momma still in her pink robe and silk scarf. The big curlers underneath were noticeable and it made me laugh because momma only curled her hair on special occasions. "Aww look at my handsome baby." Momma said admiring my appearance with nothing but proudness in her eyes.

"Ma, you won't even dressed yet and you already starting the sentimental stuff."

My mother put both of her hands on my cheeks sending me comfort. "I'm just so proud of my baby. Your graduating and you stayed out of harms way no matter how hard it tried to find you these past four years."

Hearing all of this made me realize how much danger my mother didn't know I was in. We use to tell each other everything. She use to be my best friend besides O'sane. Ever since my dad left me and my mom years back when I was just a kid, my mother and I began to grow closer rather than drift apart when in the beginning I blamed her for my pops leaving us.

"You're my baby boy forever." She use to say.

If only she knew how much trouble her baby boy was in right now.

As we sulked in the moment we we were interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. Who the hell was coming over this early just too see me and momma get ready? I paced my room to remember where I last put the Calvin Klein cologne that I always wear when I was looking this good; which was everyday.

"Messiah, Jaydon is here and he has a gift for you." Momma said from the living room.

I mentally and physically rolled my eyes because the day had not even really started yet and he was already at my crib ready to pester me about a vendetta he so desperately wants to solve.