XXV.

Nicki in multimedia

______

Cassie,

"Yeah, I'm sitting outside their house as we speak."

"Okay. Please be careful. You know people in those neighborhoods get reckless." Lydia said on the other end of the phone.

"Oh trust me, I know. I haven't even been sitting here for ten minutes and 3 guys have already tried to me sell me stuff or buy my car." We laugh together at the nature that we as uptown natives are not familiar with. It was interesting to sit here and see the environment Nasir grew up around and I grew more fonder of him remembering that he fought against everything that must have tugged at his chance for a better life, but he succeeded.

"Okay Imma go now. Time doesn't wait for no one." I say gathering my things and making my way out of my car.

"Cassie are you sure about this? I mean all of this is pretty extreme."

Lydia's words formulated through my mind about my elaborate plan to take Onika down in this missing persons case. She had been trying to convince me that this was a bad idea ever since I started the execution two days ago. Unfortunately, once an idea got rolling in my mind it didn't stop until it was sought through. Nasir owed me his heart and as long as that bitch out here enticing him, our love stood still in place.

I sighted reluctantly before answering Lydia's question. "Yes, Lydia, I'm sure. More sure than I was the first time you asked. Nasir is mine."

"But there are other, more richer fish in the sea. Why chase this man knowing that he doesn't have an emotional connection with you? Somebody is gonna get hurt."

"I don't want another man, I want Nasir. He'll learn to love me and the only person getting hurt is that whore who stole him." I pronounced harshly sealing the deal by ending the call all together.

Grasping back to reality I made my way to the door of the only person who had the inside scoop on Onika. She could lead me right to her and I had to do was butter her up a bit.

I knocked on the door and awaited for someone to make it known that they were home.

"Who is it?" The lady asked opening the door without getting a proper answer of who I was.

"Um hi, Mrs. Cruise, I'm Cassandra Smith the lawyer you met in the parking lot a few days ago."

"Yes, come on in."

I walked in and took in the welcoming aura that embraced me immediately. Everything from the furniture to the knick knacks that sat around was family oriented. I could see that this whole situation was really heart aching, pictures of Jaydon hung along the walls like an art gallery which only shaped the room perfectly.

"We can sit on the couch." Mrs. Cruise said joining me in the living room and claiming the left side of the couch covered in plastic.

I mentally grimaced in disgust and uncomfortableness, but I was here for a reason and couldn't check out now.

"So, Mrs. Cruise, the day we met I said that I would help you find your son..."

"Yes, you did. Any luck?" She inquired leaning towards me to get a peek at the notes I had just took out of my bag.

"Unfortunately no. No one has any record of where he lived or even resided at all."

"Well that's crazy. As much as those gun toting cops were on his ass they should have a whole file on him."