Chapter 17- Afternoon Lunch... part 1

Почніть із самого початку

Lauren stepped into her room after that, leaving me shaking my head at her again before going back into my room to get ready as well. Giving a sigh, I walked to my bathroom to take a shower hoping the hot water would relax my tense muscles as I tried not to worry about meeting Jacob’s parents for the second time.  

I just hoped it goes better than yesterday’s dinner.

 ***********************************

It was around one-thirty now and Lauren, Derek and I were just now stepping out of his car and out into the sunny summer breeze. We were in the valet area of the golf club entrance and Derek was just giving his keys to the young man before taking his ticket and coming to put his arm around Lauren as we began to walk inside the building.

As soon as we walked in, I had to hold my composer as I gazed at the lavish interior of the place. It was crawling with men and women in golf wear and also people with expensive dresses and casual suits dining at the multiple dining areas. 

There was a tall reception desk in the center of the huge entrance area that sat on marble floors and was surrounded by white and gold printed wall paper. Across from the entrance area was a nice and inviting sitting area that consisted of a white stone fireplace, maroon carpet and classy lounge sofas and chairs scattered all around. There were a few people conversing in that area but not a lot. 

Looking forward a ways out I could see a corridor that looked like it led to another part of the golf club on both ends and right in the center at the end of the entrance area was two tall glass doors that led outdoors and from what I could see there were iron rod tables with white table clothes covering the tops and table umbrella covers up above them. There were a lot of people scattered about with various dishes in front of them as they ate and talked to their company beside them. 

All and all this place was very nice, I’d never been to a golf club before. I really had no reason to before either, I couldn’t play golf and I’m pretty sure you had to have a membership to play at a place like this. Jacob told me earlier that he would leave our names at the reception desk so we wouldn’t have any trouble getting in. But, since Derek came along with us, we wouldn’t need to worry seeing as he had his own membership.

“Wow, this place is nice,” I heard Lauren say to Derek from behind me as we made our way towards the reception desk.  

We all stopped at the reception desk then, and I politely got the lady working behind the desks attention, before glancing towards Derek to give hime the go head, “Excuse me. we’re meeting someone for lunch,” Derek stated as he gave his name before indicating out towards the outdoor eating area. The lady quickly spoke up without looking up from her computer, “And who is it that you all will be meeting?” she asked politely back. 

Derek gave her Jacob’s name and waited for her response. The woman looked up quickly to glance at all three of us before resting her eyes on me, “Are you Mia Harper?” she asked. I nodded my head and spoke up to agree, “Yes that’s me.” I said and the lady nodded knowingly.

After answering the woman, Derek stepped back up to the reception with Lauren by his side, “And this lovely lady is with me,” he said giving the lady Lauren’s name, who shot him a broad smile in response.  

“Yes I see her name also. Well, I’m to inform you that you should meet him at the outside dining area,” the lady said as she finally looked up to stare at me once again.

I gave her a thanks and she smiled in return before pointing towards the tall glass doors I had noticed earlier and telling us to head in that direction.