Chapter 12- The Dinner Guest part 1

HOPE YOU LIKE VOTE, FAN, AND COMMENTS

ENJOY WHINES8

***********************************************************************

It took me to the very last minute to get ready for Jacob. I was so nervous not just because it was Jacob who was coming, but because I was about to meet his parents of all people. 

For the past hour all I could think of was what Jacob had told me on the phone earlier about his parents or rather his mother. I did not want to make a bad impression especially if his mother was one to judge quickly. 

I’ve changed my outfit about a million and one times, undecided on whether to go with a casual look or maybe something real conservative or maybe even something professional. I was pretty sure I didn’t need to where a cocktail dress, but I didn’t want to look too under dress or too over dress either.

I was losing my mind trying to pick out a simple outfit for this dinner, I could just imagine what I will be like when we actually get to the dinner itself.

I was now on my fifteenth outfit and standing in front of my full length mirror moving from side to side. I was wearing a printed white fit and flare sundress with spaghetti straps. It went to just above the knee with a little poof in the skirt. I paired my outfit with some nude wedges and a small clutch.

Smiling at myself as I twirled back and forth in the mirror, I looked myself over from top to bottom. I didn’t look too bad, I thought to myself as I stopped my twirling. It was a perfectly good dress, not to short and not to long either. This would have to do because I was definitely not changing again.

Just then I heard the front door bell go off signaling Jacobs arrival. Taking one last look at myself in the mirror, I smoothed down the skirt of the dress and ran a hand over my softly curled hair before stepping out of my room and making my way over to the door.

Opening the door, I was graced immediately with the sight of my devastatingly gorgeous boyfriend dressed in some cargo kaki shorts and a navy blue tee that hugged his muscled chest perfectly. You could see his tight muscles clear as day through his shirt and as I zeroed in on his arms I watched them bend and contract making his biceps stretch the fabric of the short sleeves.

Giving him another once over, I shook my head slightly to myself. How did I ever get so fortunate as to find a man like the one standing right in front of me, I thought to myself.

I moved my eyes up to Jacob’s face then and instantly was met with his beautiful smile. Moving upwards even more, I finally set my eyes on his and was surprised to fine him looking at me with some kind of amused expression.

Furrowing my brows I gave him a confused look of my own, “What?” I asked him with a small smile.

Jacob started to chuckle lightly as he began to shake his head at me, “I’ve been trying to get your attention for a few seconds now, but I guess you were to busy staring to hear me, eh?” he joked making my face heat up immediately.

I didn’t notice I was being so obvious with my staring and now I was to embarrassed to look at him.  

I cleared my throat as I looked away from Jacob and willed my cheeks to cool in the process. Seconds later I heard Jacob chuckling again making me turn back towards him, my face getting even redder then before.

I tried to hide my hot cheeks with my hands, shaking my head at the same time, “Oh my God, you must think I’m some pervert with the way I was just staring at you,” I said to him.

Jacob stepped over the threshold of the door, stopping right in front of me and wrapped his big arms around my torso. I removed my hands from my face when I felt his body come into contact with my own. Looking up at a still grinning Jacob I gave a small smile.