Chapter 20- Reassurance part 1

Enjoy

Whines8

*************************************************************************************************

After Jacob kindly invited Gabby along to spend the afternoon with us, I was so incredibly mad I could feel my ears getting hot. Not wanting to show just how mad I really was with him, especially in front of his mother - I know that would just please her way too much- I quickly looked away from Gabby, whom I was discreetly sneering at, and turned to look up at Jacob, “Hey, before we leave I’m just going to go to the ladies room really quick okay?” I told him and twisted out of his arm and turned to leave before he could even respond. I heard him say from behind, as I hightailed it towards the doors to go back in the club, that he would wait for me at the table. 

I didn’t respond to him as I made my way through the doors and into the hall where the bathrooms were. Right before I pushed the ladies bathroom door open to go inside, Lauren came speeding around the corner with her eyes narrowed at me. Before she even said anything I already knew what she was thinking and as she came to stand beside me by the bathroom door I hurriedly pushed the door open and rushed inside.  

Lauren didn’t waste anytime once we were both in the vacant area, “I completely understand what you were saying about that ex of Jacob’s now. She is one overly tanned sneaky female. And what the heck is Jacob thinking inviting her along with us today, this afternoon won’t be awkward at all,” she said sarcastically as she went on ranting saying some of the exact same things I was yelling silently in my head. 

As she kept on talking about how clueless Jacob was being and talking about how she officially did not like Gabby, I was over at one of the many sinks lined up against the bathroom wall looking into the mirror as I tried to get my temper to simmer and tried to come up with innocent reasons that would make Jacob want to be so nice to her and invite her along with us.  

Could he not see the things I clearly saw when she was around? Could he not see how fake she was being and manipulative? It’s like when it came to Jacob’s mother and Gabby he was oblivious to what they were doing no matter how obvious they were both being. Couldn’t he see that Gabby was nowhere near over him and couldn’t he see just how badly his mother wanted him and Gabby to get back together? All this and more ran through my head as my crazy best friend went on and on about what she thought of my current situation. 

After a few more seconds Lauren called my name, “Mia! are you even listening?” she asked me and I slowly turned to face her with a worried expression. As soon as she saw my face, hers changed into one of concern as she stepped up towards me, “I’m sorry am I making things worse with all my babbling? I haven’t even asked you what you think about all this,” she said as she placed her hand on her hip and waited expectantly for me to speak.

Shaking my head, I let out a deep sigh, “I don’t know what to think right now. I mean I know Jacob is with me and everything, but Gabby and him have history, a recent history and the fact that he was all too willing to invite her along with us, even if it was mostly to please his mother, makes me question a lot of things. I mean I don’t think he would just drop me to go back to her or anything, but it’s obvious that Gabby still wants him and you saw how his mother is, I’m up against two people. How am I going to stop his mother from pushing Gabby and Jacob even more closer together while she’s hear this summer and not to mention it seems Gabby knows exactly what to say to Jacob. She’s so deceitful and manipulative.” And beautiful and thin and a total opposite of what I am, I silently added as I stared at my friend. 

I went to look away when Lauren placed her hands on my shoulders, giving them a rough shake to get my attention back, “Hey, don’t do that, okay? Don’t start doubting what you and Jacob have just because of that walking mannequin out there. Jacob asked you to be his girlfriend, he wants to be with you. And besides he broke up with her its obvious he didn’t want to be with her anymore so I’m sure you have nothing to worry about, Okay?” she said before pulling me into a quick hug and softly adding, “And you don’t have to deal with Jacob’s crazy mother and his ex by yourself, I’m here Mia and I will alway have your back,” Lauren said and I smiled as her words echoed through the empty bathroom, because I knew it was true. Lauren would alway have my back and I took comfort in that fact.