mr. fraw

"We'll get leaving in a couple minutes" my dad said at my door way. I nodded before turning back to my reflection into the mirror. I would be leaving for the bus right now. I sighed softly before fixing my hair a bit and getting up. I was ready 5 minutes ago, but I used the rest to just zone out looking in the mirror. I grabbed my jacket before turning off my lights and walking to the hallway next to the entrance. "You ready?" my dad asked walking out of his bedroom. No. I shrugged my shoulders lazily which he nodded. "I know this sucks. Trust me I wouldn't do this unless I had to" my dad said with a slight frown. I knew he hated this. He tries his best to keep me away from his work, and now im right in the middle for information. "I know" was all could say as we walked out the door. 

While in the car it reminded me of how long I haven't been in the car. I've mainly because I had no use for it considering I take the bus, but also whenever I'm in the car it just reminds me of us moving. How we packed up our belongings and past and moved off to somewhere new. Leaving behind grief, and pity. Suddenly I noticed how we pulled into drive thru of a coffee place. "Yes I still get my donuts in the morning, I know I'm a living breathing stereotype but I don't care" my dad said justifying his actions. I chuckle softly to his explanation. "And I thought you would maybe like some breakfast" he added pulling up closer to the window. The voice on intercom was obviously tired, but still greeted my dad with a friendly tone. "Yeah I'll have a coffee with 2 creamers and 3 sugar and 2 glazed donuts and-" he started before looking at me for my answer. "Oh- ice coffee with 3 pumps of vanilla, and I'll have a chocolate glazed donut" I whispered. My dad repeated the order to the intercom before pulling ahead. "I don't know how you like chocolate with the glaze, you're just like your mom" my dad said pulling his credit card out. "We just have superior opinions in donuts" I reply with a slight smile. 

"Alright now I'll explain the whole phone ordeal to them so don't worry, and also about that... During my break do you wanna go pick up a new one?" he questioned as he started grabbing his belongings. "Yeah that sounds good" I said grabbing mine as well. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So how would you explain Mr. Fraw?" a police officer asked. Mr. Fraw feels weird. I've never even thought about calling Ron that. "Grouchy, and rude" I simply responded. Luckily they weren't really looking for an interrogation, but rather just information. So my dad just sat me down in conference room with some rolley chairs before another officer came in. "And I heard about the phone situation, but can you please let me know if he called you recently" the officer asked writing down information continuously. Was it last Friday? Yeah. "Last Friday I called off, but he called me later that night he decided he was handing out checks. And if I wanted to get it before it gets lost, then I should get over there" I said recalling the night with Taehyun. Also the night Jisung showed up to the diner with a girl. "And did you pick it up?" the officer questioned. "Well yeah of course" I replied which the officer chuckled a bit. "Now when was the last time you actually talked to him?" he asked. Oh god. I knew my dad on the other side of the reflective mirror to the right of me. I knew it. "Monday. I had work" I said trying not to glance at the mirror. "Why so long?" the officer questioned. I know he's only doing his job, but damn dude. You're really trying to put me in the dog house. "Well I actually got fired on Monday" I said. The part I'm most scared of is the idea of my dad being disappointed in me. "Why?" he asked. Buddy that's a long list, but imma save you some time. "I was over worked and only recently learned the law of required one day of rest from 7. And when I discussed the idea he denied me. So like any sane mind I threatened to report him which he called me a bitch and fired me" I explained. "I see what you mean about rude" the officer stated which I nodded lightly. "Did you ever report it?" he questioned. "No, I didn't want my dad to worry" I replied. I felt guilty. Like I didn't even kill Ron, but this felt like an interrogation. "Anything you'd like to add?" the officer asked looking up to make eye contact with me. "No I really don't know anything since I was fired" I said which the officer just nodded.