"calm your tits!"

The sound of my alarm waking me up caused me to jolt up. I rubbed my eyes but froze for a second, remembering last nights events. Oh shit, what if dad is home. I glanced around my room, but there was no sign of Jisung. I got up out of bed and noticed he wasn't in the bathroom. And when I walked out to the main part of the apartment, he wasn't there either. Wow that's confusing... "Morning sweetie" my dad greeted, but instead of greeting him back I flinched to the sudden appearance. My dad must've though I was just tired because he didn't pay mind to the response. "Morning" I finally say which he's now in the kitchen. "You look tired, but that must be why the house looks so nice" he said taking a sip of his coffee in a to go cup. Clean? I mean I didn't clean up anything, but when I looked around I noticed it was straightened up. Shoes were put away, and dishes from last night were cleaned and put away. Did Jisung do this? "I mean you even cleaned  a pair of my clothes" my dad added which I knew Jisung must've immediately done. "Oh yeah, no problem" I reply trying not to seem suspicious. But as much as these actions were done, it's almost as if Jisung was never here. "I think I'm going get ready for work" I say which he nods in understanding. 

As I got ready for work I also noticed he straightened up my room as well. I was almost ready to leave, but I decided to clean up my bed a bit as the covers and blankets were all over the place. But as I picked up a pillow to put it on the bed, a little piece of paper fell off of it. I read over the words while smiling and rolling my eyes. 

"Thank you for everything. By the way you would think that you'd more organized around the house?" - J 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So did anything happen?!" Carmen asked in desperation. I decided to update her on the situation on Friday night. Except the fight part. I felt guilty, but I knew if I told her about Jisung being that way she'd think I'm crazy for letting him in my house. "No! We didn't kiss or anything. After the whole situation on the bed I told him that I needed to get some sleep for work the next morning" I explained which she nodded. But as much as she nodded she still seemed to be confused. "So lets get the whole situation straight. You were walking home late at night, and you got a feeling someone was watching you. And as you saw a man down an alley you ran and then bumped into Jisung?" She questions to make sure she's getting it right. Which I nod. I'm not totally lying right? I did have a feeling someone was watching me. And I did see a man down an alley. And I did in a way bump into Jisung. I'm just leaving out some unnecessary details.... "And then Jisung scared off the man, and in return you offered him some food at your house. But it was getting late so you let him stay the night, and when morning came he was gone?" She continued which I nodded once again trying not to seem suspicious. "Kaya, don't you think it's not really smart to do that?" she questioned me which I couldn't tell if she believed me at this point. "I know, but I just felt bad. Because when we were walking we ended up talking. And I just felt grateful because he did end up walking me home" I lie, but if there anything my dad being a cop taught me... lie well. "Look next time... at least text me if you're doing that so I can check up on you. Although you may trust him, I don't" Carmen says which I nod to reassure her, but I felt bad. She's looking out for me, and I keep lying. But if I told her the truth she would freak out. 

"Oh by the way, I have an idea" Carmen says unexpectedly. She had a glimpse of excitement in her eyes as she spoke. What is she so excited about?  "And what is that?" I ask smiling as it made me happy to see her excited. In a way you could say Carmen doesn't get excited about many things, not since her parents torture  her with their marital issues. Ever since she was younger her parents always fought and it has never stopped. And instead if divorcing they over whelm themselves with work to the point they're never home.  "How about you call off work this weekend and you come to this party with me?" She asks which I almost stop her before she got the words out her mouth. "Call off? Are you serious? Ron would give me endless shit" I say crossing my arms. Carmen gave me an almost pleading look. "Come on it's just one weekend!" she says trying to convince me. I mean when was the last time she's ever asked me do something like this?  "Why are you all the sudden wanting to go to a party anyways? When have you or I ever been to a party in the last year?" I question which she looks away. "Well you know how I got a job at the laundry department?" she starts which I nod. Carmen got the job a little while after me, but she didn't work as many hours as me. She did it on the weekends and sometimes the week days to keep herself busy. "Well... the guy Jackson who I work with actually invited me to a party and he said that I could bring you" she says which my eyes widened. "Carmen! Jackson is like 25! How do you know he's not a sexual predator or something?" I say almost wanting to hit her. "Kaya calm your tits! It's not Jackson's party, but his brothers. His brother is like 19 turning 20" she says trying to reassure me. But did not help much. "Then why the hell is he inviting you? And why is he going to be there?" I ask trying to understand this situation as best as possible. "I guess he's just watching over the situation to make sure nothing bad happens to the house. But he invited me because he never sees me at parties I guess. And I should get a feel for them since I'll be college next year" she replied which I didn't respond. I didn't know what to say. Carmen wanted to desperately go, but I was always suspicious. I mean didn't I literally let someone who beat the shit out of someone in my house?  Who am I judge at this point ?  "Kaya you got to remember that we're 18" Carmen says still trying to convince me. "You are! I'm not 18 until another 2 months" I say reminding, which she rolls her eyes. "Close enough. But look, I just really want to do this. I hate coming home after work and not doing anything sometimes" which made me quiet once again. It was true. We used to hang out all the time when we didn't have jobs, and it wasn't such a tackle to hang out. I breathe out slowly, trying to reason with the situation. "Fine, but-" I start but Carmen interrupts me with a hug and repeatedly thanking me. "But! If things start feeling off, and don't look right. We are leaving. Deal?" I say holding out my pinky, which she doesn't hesitate to interlock her own pinky repeating "deal".