hopefully...

"When did you pick this all up?" I yelled through the apartment to my dad. Carmen didn't seem to interested in waiting for a reply from my dad, she was already in love with the take out on the kitchen counter. "It just got delivered about 15 minutes ago. When you texted me that Carmen was coming over I thought I'd get you guys some early dinner" he called back from his room. "Is it from the Chinese place on Saver street?" Carmen called out as she examined the bag and boxes. "You bet" my dad said now making his way out his bedroom. He was in his regular uniform as usual. "Oh hell yeah" Carmen said ecstatically. My dad smiled to her reaction before beginning to put his shoes on. "You're leaving already?" I questioned considering we just got home. "Yeah I'm sorry sweetie... that one issue has still been growing" he replied reminding me of the discussion we had before on the gangs. When I looked to Carmen if she noticed, she was hadn't. She was too busy digging into her meal. "Really?" I whispered walking over to my dad. "I can't give too much information, but yes. We're still trying to figure exactly why" he said whispering back in a low tone. "Alright well I love you and be safe" I said giving him a hug. "Yes be safe and thank you for feeding the needy" Carmen said with her mouth stuffed full of chicken. "Of course, you guys be safe as well. And also Kaya let me know if you have anymore information for the update on the diner" my dad said before walking out the door. When I turned around I was met with the gaze of Carmen and her hands on her hips. "Work on the diner?" she questioned. I started digging through the palates of food to avoid her gaze. "Yeah, I had to tell a little lie. I said the diner was getting some pipping work done" I explained grabbing a container of dumplings from the bag. "You should just tell him the truth, I think it would be funny to see Ron get his ass beat" she replied with a smile. The whole idea of telling my dad would be bad. Not only would it cause a massive scene, but he would never trust me again. He'd always have his eyes on me and I'd probably never be able to be out again. "Yeah, but it has it's cons" I add before finally digging into the notably good food. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unknown : don't worry about Ron anymore. 

Looking at the notification on my phone I felt a chill go down my spine. What the hell. But before I could text the user I was interrupted by a call. Lindsey? 

"Hey" I said picking up the call. "Oh thank god you picked up sweetie. I need you to come down to the diner, it's urgent" Lindsey said over the line. My eyes widen the words as it was adding fuel to the previous text. "Yo what's wrong?" Carmen asked taking notice to the expressions. "Okay I'm leaving now" I replied before hanging up the call. "We have to go to the diner" I replied to Carmen. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey sweetie I'm so sorry for dragging you down here on such short notice. But I just got word from the owner that Ron quit" Lindsey explained as Carmen and I walked through the doors. We exchanged glances to Lindsey's words. Carmen's was happiness, but mine was confusion. 

"What do you mean he just skipped down?" I ask as we sat at the counter. "I don't know exactly. But I heard he just packed all his shit up before leaving town. Nobody knows why, but James saw him running to his office in a frantic one night" Lindsey replied. A frantic. 

Me : What do you mean and who are you? 

I text to the unknown number. After Lindsey's explanation as it just freaked me out. Jaemin or Jisung has to be behind this. "But anyways the reason I wanted you down here was because although Ron fired you, I didn't. So I want you to come back. And I know this is a shitty job for you sweetie, I need you. You're the person I trust the most here, and the idea of being a manager here scares me. If I'm being honest the only reason I took the job as manager was the higher pay for the boys" Lindsey explained to me. I believed her. She has look in her eyes, of not desperation but rather nervousness. When I first met Lindsey she worked here before me, and she was in a abusive relationship. Her boy friend was a drug addict and would show up to work yelling at her and making scene. She ended up having to send her kids with her mom while she dealt with the boy friend, but once I knew she wanted out I got my dad involved. I still remember the time my dad arrested him. We were working one night and the guy showed up drugged up and as always yelling at Lindsey. Until that day she only went up. Bringing her kids back, and being stable. Her being manager was opening up more to her and I couldn't not help her. "Okay fine, I think we can do this" I say to Lindsey. a smile shortly grew to her face before she came around the counter and hugged me tightly. "Well at least I'm able to come to the diner more often" Carmen said with a smile. The words made me laugh considering Ron banned Carmen after she cursed him out. One night Ron was being an asshole and Carmen called him out. Needless to say... he threatened my job but as well as Carmen. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I stared at my phone I kept checking and re-checking the text messages between the unknown number. They had their read receipts off so I couldn't even tell if they even spared a glance. Why do they just text and then never respond. It has to be either Jaemin or Jisung. 

hopefully.... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

okay I just wanted to put a disclaimer. i have ideas of where i'm planning on taking this story. but i do want to get something straight. i love all idols and they are genuinely good people, and if i depict one of your biases as a not so good person.... i mean no harm. it's all for the sake of a story. ANYWAYS i hope you have a good day/ night. ~~~ <3