Part 16 ( unfinished business )

Early in the morning the sun was shinning on New York City when Joey was walking through the offices in his big company while no one was there for work yet. He entered his conference room where Ross and Chandler were waiting for him.

Ross sits moderately and in front of him some papers he was looking at, while Chandler sits with clear recklessness and impatience

Joey sat in his seat at the head of the table and put his papers on the it.

Joey : Good morning.

Ross replied, while Chandler just shook his head.

Joey: So, what's the news?

Both Chandler and Ross looked at each other before answering, then Ross began to speak.

Ross : Well i believe you got the news but i'm gonna go first.

Ross dug up his papers and then pulled out a small labeled file and gave it to Joey. Chandler noticed the image on the file, which was for Monica, that drew his attention completely. He fixed up his sitting and held his eyebrows and seemed interested in what would be said next in the room.

Ross : These are the information i got about Monica Geller. I can assure you she's not a threat for us. With your inside man and the misleading information from Rachel everything's gonna be fine.

Joey looked long to the file and then he got up from his chair and headed to the door of the conference room but he did not go out, but rather he threw the file into the trash.

Ross : Why did you do that?
Joey : I got all the information i need about her long time ago Ross.
Ross : Of course, From the inside man.
Joey : From the inside man yes Ross. Now she's not an issue anymore. You need to focus on what's important from now on. And you better get your head in the game Ross.

Ross was silent for a while, but Chandler noticed the tension in the air of talking about his girlfriend Monica and how ironic is that, so he decided to change the subject.

Chandler : Joey? I think we are here for a reason, right?
Joey : Yes thanks Chan. Let me get straight into it. We are waiting for a ship, soon it will be in New York. We need to focus because this deal is bigger than anything we ever did. The police is snitching over it and we need to come clean.
Ross : What with the papers, that's my part right?
Joey : Those are the port's contracts, you take care of that.

Joey handed some papers to Ross, who took them and started to check them immediately.

Joey : Chandler, You know what to do next right?
Chandler : Yeah. My men are one phone call away, don't worry.
Joey : Listen to me, you trust them right? this time is different than any other time.
Chandler : don't worry. Under control.
Joey : Great. Now these are the details. Times of the ships arrivals, numbers and names. You do your job, i will do my job, and everything will be okay.

Joey handed over some papers to Ross and Chandler, then told them he have to leave to prepare for some important meetings as his secretary has just arrived, then he left.

Ross and Chandler sat looking on their papers. While Ross was focused on his papers, Chandler looked at him closely and then spoke.

Chandler : Do you remember that day i met you in central perk?

Ross paid attention to his words, then lifted his head off the papers and looked upon Chandler with contempt.

Ross : Yes?
Chandler : You did not go there to just meet me right?
Ross : What do you mean?
Chandler : I don't know, did you meet anyone else?

Chandler thought that on the day he saw Monica for the first time she was just gone out of Central Perk while Ross was inside waiting for him, was it just a coincidence? Chandler didn't think so.

Ross : Why on earth don't you mind your goddamn business?
Chandler : Hey, It's no big deal i was just wondering because i thought i saw you with someone.

Ross took a long breath, then cursed his luck that gathered him with Chandler.

Ross : Yeah, i did meet an old friend. Now if you don't want to know what i did this morning Mr. Bing i got some work to do, do you mind?

Chandler sensed the irony in Ross's voice, but he did not comment. Ross got up and picked up his papers, then left the conference room leaving Chandler alone fighting his own thoughts.

He seemed sure now that Ross and Monica had met that day, but he was not sure enough to face any of them but rather he decided to investigate about it himself

He seemed sure now that Ross and Monica had met that day, but he was not sure enough to face any of them but rather he decided to investigate about it himself. And when suspicions began to find it ways into his head, he started to have some thoughts that Ross was nothing but a deceitful traitor. Does he work with Monica?

Chandler took out his phone and then kept searching for a specific number, and when he found it he pressed the call button and remained focused for a while.

Chandler : Mike, Hi.
Mike : Hey Chandler, What's up man.
Chandler : Listen i need a favor.
Mike : Yeah?
Chandler : I need some information about two people.
Mike : Names?
Chandler : Ross Estes, He's a lawyer and Monica Geller, She works for the FBI.
Mike : Are you searching for a specific information?
Chandler : No, Just what ever you find. Something they have in common or something. I don't know, Okay?
Mike : Cool man.
Chandler : Mike, super confidential okay?
Mike : Hey don't worry man, this is not the first time you ask me something like that.
Chandler : Right. Thanks man.
Mike : Anytime. I'll call you when i find something.
Chandler : Great.

Chandler ended the call, then grabbed his papers and finally left the conference room.

==========================================

Thank you so much or reading until this point ❤️

Please vote if you like this scene and comment your opinions, i would really like to know what you think of the story so far.

the story is almost coming to an end and the action is yet to come, I'm so excited. 😍😍

Have a good day. ❤️❤️