Barbeque part 2

Steve POV:

After the barbeque finished we split up again and Clint took me into the barn to talk privately.
"So when are you doing it?"
"What do you mean Clint?"
"You know when are you popping the question?"
"Look I don't know. To be honest I brought the ring before she left and it is still under the floorboards in my apartment but I was going to wait a bit because when I mentioned Bucky and Wanda getting married she got a bit worried and I don't want to force anything on her at all."
"Look I understand but I just wanted to let you know something. When I look at Natasha now days all I see is happiness and I can't help but feel so relieved that she found someone. So even though she may be mad sometimes she is so happy. She just doesn't admit it."
"I know. Thanks man it means a lot."
"No problem. Let's go inside before it gets cold."
"Ok" I said and laughed as we walked back inside.

I went straight to the living room and saw James sleeping on Natasha and I smiled at the site. I walked over and slowly sat down next to her, watching her immediately lean into me slowly closing her eyes. I looked at Clint and he just smiled and got out his phone. She was the most beautiful thing I could ever look at. She had the strength to give birth to our beautiful boy and by herself. I wish I could have been there for it but at the end of the day I fully understand why she didn't come back.

Because she was scared.

I was one of the only people who knew, but I can tell. All I need I one look at her now to see that something is wrong. She is my world, actually no, she is my universe. I always look back on the fact that one day she was someone who is showing me around this new weird world but now she is my life. In the 10 years we knew eachother we have come so far as friends, well and a couple. Technically we still knew eachother in the 4 years but to be honest I wish it never happened.

But the truth is, mistakes make people better which makes bonds even more unbreakable inseperable even. Relationships are made and fall apart every single day. Sometimes we get sad but other times we move one learning from what happened in the past. These relationships can be friends or enemies but the thing we all have in common. The 7 billon people have in common. We all make mistakes. Even if we don't admit it we have all done it and we are better because of them. You don't become good at something if you give up. Failure is part of learning even if we don't like it. And like I have told Natasha countless times; you make yourself not others. Time flies by in life so make the most of it.

I was pulled from my speech to myself when I felt my phone chime in my pocket. I slowly pulled it out and put in my password. There was a text message from Clint.

Birdman: I told you. :)

If Clint approves of me with her then I have nothing to lose.

I know this chapter is on the short side but my other chapter got deleted!! I am sorry for how bad it is but hope you guys enjoyed it.

Stay safe!
Please leave your reviews!
🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂