Chapter 15 - The wrong body

"Don't you lie to me young man, you were in a fight! These bruises did not just come from you falling badly!" Louis yelled, running after me and basically chasing me through the house. My god woman, don't act like you actually care. Yes I was in a fight, but because I protected a kid from getting bullied. Not that she would care, of course, all she thought about was our reputation and she didn't even ask me if I was ok or badly hurt. After all, I could be getting bullied. I kept walking away, ignoring her yelling, as I went into the kitchen to get some breakfast. 

I had managed to hide my bruises yesterday evening, because I skipped dinner. But now I was hungry and when I tried sneaking out of my room, boom, there she was. I stole a piece of toast from the cook and grabbed a cup of coffee, before walking into the dining room, where Julie was just nibbling on her pancakes and bacon. A weird combination, in my opinion, but apparently, americans were really found of it. 

"Don't you walk away from me while I'm talking to you Mister! Edward!!" Louis yelled, when she spotted my uncle, who was trying to sneak away, since he basically smelled the argument in which she would drag him. I chuckled, before looking at the very worried Julie, who hated fighting and I just winked at her, before taking a bite from my toast. Julie smiled at that and mouthed a 'Good morning' to me and I replied with the same. Did Louis really want to act that way in front of her ten year old daughter? Apparently the answer was yes. 

"Would you look at your stupid nephew? He obviously got into a fight, but he won't talk to me and tell me the truth!" Louis exclaimed and I rolled my eyes. She was so overreacting right now, it was unbelievable. And it wasn't like she actually wanted to hear the truth or could change it. Edward now took a good look at me and frowned. 

"Right. Uhm.. Jesse, if you have trouble at school I-" he started, but was cut off by his lovely wife immediately. 

"You can't do that Jesse! This reflects badly on all of us! We took you in and this is how you repay us??" she squeaked hysterically and I bit my cheek to contain myself from saying the wrong and sassy thing right now. She was really testing my bloody nerves today. Everything has its limits! 

"Jesse, would you like to tell us what happened?" Edward asked firmly trying to keep up with his wife's tone. Right when I was about to come up with a good excuse, better known as a big fat lie, Tommy walked into the room with a plate with eggs and bacon on it and some fresh coffee in his other hand and said, bored as ever, "He hit Johnson, because he pushed that gay kid and then him and his two dipshit friends hit him until Andrews had to rescue him, which was really embarrassing you know" He said it so casually and yes I was pissed that he told his parents all of that just now but I was also very shocked. He knew? 

"You saw that?! And you didn't do anything to, uh, I don't know...help me?!" I exclaimed and I was actually pretty hurt. I mean, I didn't want help, but Tommy was my cousin, he should care enough to at least help me before getting beaten to death, right? But he just shrugged, taking a bite from his bacon. 

"You did what?!" Louis exclaimed now. But I didn't care about her, I rather looked at my cousin in utter disbelieve, who let me get beaten up in the school's hallway and apparently just...walked away, leaving me there. 

"Hey man, it was your fight, not mine. I'm also not much of a fighter to be honest. Also, that gay kid already went to get Andrews, you were fine!" Tommy said so casually, I wanted to hit him on the back of the head. 

"You hit Mister Johnsons son AND you did it for a homosexual?" Louis exclaimed and I balled my hands into fists, because this family had got to be kidding me right now, right? Not only were they homophobic assholes, they also missed the point of me being the victim in this fight. I took a deep breath before replying "First of all, his name is Micah not 'the gay kid'. Secondly, why does everybody think, just because he was friends with somebody who was homosexual, he is too?? That makes literally zero sense!" I  clenching my jaw, looking at all of them in the hope that they would see that they were in the wrong here.