Camping is sure fun.

Songs will look like "this" for now at least.
—————————————————————————

We were sitting around the campfire and everyone was singing campfire songs. I put on a fake act and tried to not lose my cool on the place we are at.
"Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?"
"Tanner stole the cookie from the cookie jar." Emil said pointing towards him.
"Who me?"
"Yes you."
"Couldn't be."
"Then who?"
"This guy stole a cookie from the cookie jar!" He said pointing towards Teddy.
Teddy stared at him before looking back at the fire.
"Yes you." Emil continued.
Everyone just ignored Teddy and continued to sing the song. Teddy headed over to his things and I decided to join him. I quickly covered my face with my sleeve so I didn't get any of the bug spray he was showering in, in my lungs.
"This stinks! Why does anyone enjoy this?!"
"Because some people actually like coming out into the wilderness and getting away from the technology and the messed up society."
"Then why aren't you enjoying this then Mia. You love camping."
"Because it was me and my brothers thing. It feels like I'm betraying him a little bit."
He was about to say something but stopped when Emil walked over to us as his usual exited self.
"Teddy, Amelia, isn't camping delightful?" He asked
"Yeah maybe for the mosquitoes." He said as he began to slap different parts of his body from all the mosquitoes. "They are getting an all you can eat Teddy buffet out here."
He began to spray himself and I pushed my face back into the sleeve of my shirt while still being able to see what was happening. Teddy spun around with the spray and sprayed Sydney in the face with it making her cough.
"Oh good. You got it in my mouth. In case I eat any mosquitoes."
"On the plus side foods going to taste super weird for a bit." I said giving a shrug.
"Oh sorry. I'm so Sydney." Teddy said making me face palm and for his eyes to go wide. "I mean....what's up? What you doin' here?"
"Well, I've got my tent and my sleeping bag...so I'm clearly here for Lazer tag." She said making Emil get excited.
"There's Lazer tag?"
"She's being sarcastic." Teddy informed
"Always eludes me." He said
"Emil I worry about you." I said
"So Sydney, I'm surprised your parents let you come out to this."
"Me too. But I convinced them this trip would be strictly educational. Now who brought the marshmallow gun?!" She shouted taking a step to the side.
"Right here!" Tanner shouted holding it up in the air.
"Hit me!"
He shot the marshmallow at her and she caught it before turning back to us.
"Desert before dinner? I already love camping!" She exclaimed before heading over to the campfire.
"Not if I see you first! What!" Teddy said before pulling us further away from the group.
"You know Teddy every time you are a blubbering mess and then cover it up by being 'smooth' do you think her memory gets erased of what happen? Cause mine does and it get funnier each time." I said cracking a smile.
He shot me a look before he looked back at Emil.
"Emil, you didn't tell me Sydney was going to be here."
"I thought you would like, because you like her."
"Of course I like her. That's why I don't want to talk to her." Teddy said
"Dude that is not how you get a girl to notice you."
"Ah. Another intriguing layer peeled off the onion of Teddy. Let's dig into the smelly core." He said as he poked Teddy in the chest.
"What are we ogres?" I asked but was ignored
"Perhaps with the classic Buronian game of Honesty or Hijinks."
"What's that like....truth or dare." Teddy asked causing a scene.
"Truth or dare?! I crush at that game. Hey everybody this dude wants to play truth or dare!" Tanner shouted causing me to freak out a little from the sudden crowd.
'It's ok. Just breath... but what if people get to close and I can't breath because of it... oh god why did teddy have to say that?!'
I was brought out of my panicking by a hand holding onto mine and rubbing it with their thumb. I looked down and saw that it was Emil holding it causing me to give a small smile.
'It's ok. Emil and Teddy won't let anything bad happen to you. You are fine.'
"Wait no no no no I....."
"Wonderful Teddy will start us off." Emil said.
"No, let this guy go. It was his idea."
"No that is Teddy." Sydney said to him making him realise.
"Ooooh. Cool."
"Truth or dare Teddy?" Sydney asked
"Pick dare. I got some sick dares." Tanner said
"Well then there's no way I'm doing a dare." Teddy said
"Truth it is. Who you crushing on?"
His eyes went a little wide and he quickly turned to Sydney.
"I don't...I...I mean, it's definitely not Sydney, that's for sure." He said making me face palm and before he turned quickly looking back at Tanner. "I'll pick dare."
"Smooth Teddy." I said
"Nice. Eat this pine cone." Tanner said grabbing one from the ground.
"I believe in you Teddy. You can eat the pine one."
"What? No. Only an idiot...."
"I'll do it" he said before he began to eat some of the pinecone. "Winner, winner, pinecone dinner!" He said before he threw it onto the ground and began to chant his name with everyone joining.
Everyone went after him leaving me and Teddy alone since I let go of Emils hand so he could have fun.
"You ok Teddy?"
"I just don't understand how anyone can like camping. It's so boring and everything try's to eat me."
"The purpose of camping is being able to spend time with the people you really care about. Without technology. I'll let you think it over I have got to get my shoe of and the stone that's been bugging  me for like a solid 30 minutes." I said before heading over to my tent.
'What else could go wrong on this trip?'