Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"Hey," you say as you walk over to him. Daryl doesn't look at you and doesn't say anything. "Look I'm sorry, I was mad you left I understand why you did but I just don't think you should have. Merle isn't good for you and I know he's blood but sometimes waters thicker than blood is. You're a good man Daryl you've come a long way as far as Carol has told me. Your brother puts you down and that's not fair to you. And it wasn't fair for me to get mad at you and yell at you," I told him.

He just stared out past the fences not saying anything. You stood there in silence and sighed turned him to look at you. "Daryl I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have yelled. You are wanted here. The group wants you where they need you here. I need you," you said whispering the last part. He just turned back around not saying anything for a few seconds. "You should go back inside," he said. "Daryl," you whispered. "Just go," he said harshly. You looked down and nodded your head. You started to walk away but stopped and leaned up kissing his cheek "I'm sorry," you said sadly.

Daryl sighed and looked at you. "Don't make me leave please," you said sadly. He just nodded and you two continued looked out at the walkers that were at the fence. After about twenty minutes of silence, you spoke again. "So how was it put there?" You asked him. He shrugged "Ran into a group of people," he said. "Oh? We're they good or bad people?" You asked. "Good. They didn't speak English. They had a baby," he told you and paused for a while. "They were stuck on a bridge, walkers had gotten to them. Merle didn't want to help them but I did. He was scaring them. I wanted to take from them but I stopped him," he said.

You listened to him not wanting to say the wrong thing and make him mad and close up. "They baby looked no more than a few months old. I thought about little ass-kicker and then you," he said looking away from you. "You thought about me?" You questioned him. "Yeah, you were right. Merle is a dick he's never going to change but he's my brother. He can help us with the Governor he knows everything about Woodbury," he said. "Yeah, I just don't like how he treats you. But that doesn't mean I should be disrespectful you wouldn't do that if I was in your shoes," you said.  You two stayed there all just talking about keeping watch.

Over the next few days, you made a plane on how you were going to deal with the Governor. Andrea had shown up saying he wanted to have a meeting with Rick. She set it up and Daryl, Rick, and Hershel went to meet with him. You wanted to go but Daryl insisted you stay behind. Saying he knew if Merle needed handled you'd be the one to do it. When they came back Rick told you that you were going to war with him. He pulled you, Daryl and Hershel, off to the side saying the governor wanted Michonne. He planned to give her to him have Merle do the dirty work but later changed his mind.

Of course, Merle didn't get that memo and kidnapped her and took her off to the Governor. Once you found this out Daryl went after him telling you to stay. You if the course we're never one to listen very well so you went after him once Michonne returned. You found him at an old mill stabbing Merle in the face. The Governor had shot him and let him turn. You dropped down beside Daryl and stopped him. He looked at you and wrapped his arms around you crying into your chest. It was heartbreaking to see him like this but you also knew he'd never let anyone else see him in this condition.

Rick, Michonne and Carl left to go back to Rick and Carl's old town to see about getting guns. If you were going to go to war you needed as many weapons as possible. While they were going the rest of you fixed the front gate and set up traps. They plan was for Rick, Daryl, Y o u, Maggie, Glenn and Carol all to hide in the prison and outside. Rick, Daryl and you would be inside in the tombs. You would set off flash bombs and lead walkers in once the Governor and his men were inside. Maggie, Carol, and Glenn would be outside ready to shot at them once they ran outside. Hershel would take Carl, Beth, and the baby with the car and all your stuff and hide in the woods. The plan was to take a look as you run. Giving the Governor a false sense of victory.

Once you chased them out of the prison the ones that got away took off with the Governor. You, Maggie, Glenn, Rick, and Daryl went after them only to find everyone dead except for the Governor and his two henchmen. There was a woman in one of the trucks that bad survived. She told you he had gunned everyone down and took off. You went to the town looking for Andrea only to find her in the same room Glenn and Maggie were held. She had been bitten and asked Rick to let her end her own suffering. Michonne stayed with her while she did it. You brought her back you to bury her where her family was.

You also ended up fixing up one of the busses bringing everyone back to the prison. You'd have to clear another cell block or two for everyone to live comfortably and make more supply runs but you'd figure it out. Rick had gathered everyone telling them that there would be rules and everyone would have jobs and responsibilities. If no one could follow or agreed with them they would need to leave. Michonne became one of your groups. Carl decided on the name Judith for little ass-kicker naming her after his second-grade teacher. It was looking like you could really make the place into a home. You and Daryl moved into a cell together and your father wasn't all that thrilled about it. You didn't care though you loved Daryl and even though he didn't say it to often Daryl had gotten the courage to tell you he felt the same way and that was enough for you.

So there it is. I finally forced myself to finish it. I'm thinking about ending this story here. Maybe down the road I'll pick it up again or make a sequel. Thanks for reading.