Chapter 7

Once you got back to the house you parked your bike and got off. It was dark and you cold jeep the temperature starting drop. "Well, thanks for coming with,"  you told Daryl. "Don't need you getting yourself killed," he said. "I can hold my own you know," you told him. "You're already hurt Y/N. You have a broken arm and you were shot in the shoulder," Daryl says. "And you have stitches in your side and your head," you said. "Just don't go off on your own anymore," he told you. "Don't tell me what to do Dixon," you said and walked into the house.

  You walked into your bedroom and put your bag down in the chair in the corner of the room. Walking over to the window you looked out to see Daryl talking to Carol.  'And here you thought you had a chance ' you said too yourself.  You walked over to your dresser and pulled a large t-shirt out and changed into out before going back over to the window and opening it. You knelt down and p popped the loose floorboard up and pulled out a lighter and pack of cigarettes. Pulling one out and lighting it up before placing them in your hiding spot. You sat on the edge of the window and smoked making sure to blow the smoke so it wouldn't get Inside.

  Daryl looked over to see you sitting in the window so he walked over. "Your daddy's going to catch you one day," he said.  "Never caught me before," you simply reply.  Daryl noticed you were only in a t-shirt and couldn't help but travel his eyes up to your legs.  "See something you like Dixon?" He heard you say. His face turned red and he looked down. "You could come in and stay with me tonight. Or maybe we could go to your tent and I could jump your bones," you teased. Daryl felt his face get even hotter. "Think I'm too old for ya. Your daddy would like that," he said. "My father has no right what to tell me I'm not 16 anymore," you told him. You flicked the cigarette and Daryl put it out, picking the butt up and putting it in his pocket "Don't want Hershel finding that," he said.

  You jumped out the window and grabbed Daryls hand pulling him around the back of the house. 'It's now or never Y/N/N' you said to yourself. You pushed him up against the house and kissed him. But again he just stood there not moving, not kissing back. You pulled away "What is it? are you gay or something? Because I'm confused. You seem to like me by the way you look at me but I kiss you and you just stand there like a stiff fucking board," you said tears brimming your eyes. "I ain't gay," he growled. "The what?!" You said frustrated. "I don't need getting tangled up with the farmer's daughter and get my group kicked out. Glenn can do it but I can't I'm not good enough and I'm too old for ya! You ain't worth a one night stand!" He growled at you and walked off. You climbed back into your window, shutting and locking it then pulled the curtains closed. You fell onto your bed and cried yourself to sleep.

  A few days have passed since that night and you were outside talking to Glenn and Maggie. Glenn had found out about the walkers in the barn and told his group about them. Rick tired talking to your father but he pretty much told him to mind his business. You saw Shane walking over to the porch with a bag.  Someone asked what was going on and someone responded saying  Rick had gone out to help your father. Someone saying they were supposed to leave a few hours ago. You didn't listen to much until you heard Daryls voice  "Yeah you were. What the hell?" He said. "Rick told us he was going out," someone told Shane. "Damn it. Isn't anybody taking this seriously? We got us a damn trail. Oh, here we go," Daryl said as Shane walked up. "What's all this?" Andrea asked. "You with me, man?" He asked handing Daryl a gun. "Yeah." He said. "Time to grow up. You already got yours?" Shane said looking at Andrea. "Yeah. Where's Dale?" She asked.

  "He's on his way," Shane said. "Thought we couldn't carry," T-Dog asked. "We can and we have to. Look, it was one thing sitting around here picking daisies when we thought this place was supposed to be safe. But now we know it ain't. How about you, man? You gonna protect yours?" Shane said handing Glenn a gun. "That's it." You heard Maggie and you stood up as she stood in front of Shane. "Can you shoot?" He asked her. You stepped in front of her "Can you stop? You do this, you hand out these guns, my dad will make you leave tonight," you told him. "We have to stay, Shane," Carl said. "What is this? We ain't going anywhere, okay? Now look, Hershel, he's just gotta understand. Okay? He... Well, he's gonna have to. Now we need to find Sophia. Am I right? Huh? Now I want you to take this. You take it, Carl, and you keep your mother safe. You do whatever it takes. You know-how. Go on, take the gun and do it," Shane said trying to get carl to take the gun but Lori stepped in front of him and took it instead. "Rick said no guns. This is not your call. This is not your decision to make," she said to him. 

  "Oh shit," T-Dog said and everyone looked over to see Rick and your father leading walkers on poles with Jimmy guiding them. "For fuck's sake," you said. "What is that? What Is That?!," Shane said and started running towards the barn. "Shane!" Lori yelled and the rest if you ran after him. "What the hell are you doing?" Shane growled. "Shane, just back off," Rick told him. "Why do your people have guns?" Hershel asked. "Are you kidding me? Do you see? You see what they're holding onto?" Shane said.  "I see who I'm holding onto," your father says. "No, man, you don't," Shane tells him. "Shane, just let us do this and then we can talk," Rick said. "What you want to talk about, Rick? These things ain't sick. They're not people. They're dead. Ain't gonna feel nothing for them 'cause all they do, they kill! These things right here, they're the things that killed Amy. They killed Otis. They're gonna kill all of us," Shane yells. "Shane, shut up!" Rick says. "Hey, Hershel man, let me ask you something. Could a living breathing person, could they walk away from this?" Shane says and the shoots the walker three times in the chest that Hershel was holding onto.

"No! Stop it!" Rick yells. "That's three rounds in the chest. Could someone who's alive, could they just take that?! Why is it still coming?" Shane yells the shoots it again. "That's its heart, its lungs. Why is it still coming?" He says shooting again. "Shane, enough," Rick growls. "Yeah, you're right, man. That is enough," Shane says and walks up to the walker your father is holding and shoots it in the head making it fall to the ground. "Enough risking our lives for a little girl who's gone! Enough living next to a barn full of things that are trying to kill us. Enough. Rick, it ain't like it was before! Now if y'all want to live, if you want to survive, you got to fight for it! I'm talking about fighting right here, right now." Shane yells and walks over to the tye barn. 'Take the snare pole. Hershel, take the snare pole. Hershel, listen to me, man, please. Take it now. Hershel! Take it!" Rick yells but your father is in shock and doesn't listen. Shane breaks the lick on the door and bangs on it. Walkers start to slowly walk out you pulled your gun and the shooting began.