The Interrogation (Part 2)

Paul's POV

I'm getting used to being Interrogated. The difference is that this time I will tell the truth to Stella.
I believe her when she says she will let Y/N go. I have no other choice, I need to let go, that's the best thing for her.

"What did you feel the first time that you killed? What went through your mind?"

This feels more like a therapy session than an interrogation. Stella doesn't only want a confession, she is interested in my thoughts, my feelings.

I clear my throat. "The first time it made me feel bad."

"Define bad."

"I felt sick. I was shaking, losing control. It took me a while to get over it."

"Hmmm." She folds her hands together.

"And the second time?"

"The second time it made me feel alive. I never felt so high."

"What made you like this, Paul? Or have you always had those sick thoughts?"

"It's who I am, Stella."

She opens the laptop that is on the table and plays a video.
It's a video of a Skype conversation of me and the babysitter of my kids.

"This is Katie, I believe she's 16. Do you remember this Paul?"

I can't get a word out of my mouth. I don't remember that moment.

"She is a minor." Stella says.

"I didn't do anything to her."

"You're not wearing clothes in that video."

I sigh and take my eyes from the laptop.

"Did you have sex with her?"

"No! She's a kid for God's sake!"

She closes the laptop.
"However, you committed enough crimes to serve a full life sentence. You will have more than enough time to regret who you are."

I'm mad at her but I don't let it show. She leaves the room and leaves me alone with my thoughts. Thoughts about that video, my confession, about Y/N.

My sweet Y/N, she doesn't deserve this.

"She thinks you love her."

I look up from the table and see that Stella is still standing by the door.

"I told her that you don't know what love is. I hope it got through to her."