"What are you doing here, my dear?" She asked.

Bai Qian dried her tears, there's a strange purple aura surrounding her. She blinked, "You're not mortal, "

The lady looked surprised too, "You're not mortal either, "

The lady took her back to her stall and gave her some food and tea. "Here, you looked famished, "

Bai Qian looked down at the food before her, a bowl of rice topped with braised pork. Tears began to swell up in her again, "Lady, why are you being so nice to me?"

"It's rare to see an immortal around here, " she said, "And you looked like you need help, "

"I'm not an immortal actually, " Bai Qian said, "I'm a fox demon, "

The lady tilted her head, "Fox demon? But you looked nothing like one?"

"I'm a demon alright," she said, "My name is B-, "

She stopped herself, she didn't know if this lady had any ties with the celestials. It's best not to tell how she was. She couldn't trust anyone.

"Si Yin, " She quickly said, "My name is Si Yin, "

It was one of the names she used in hiding in mortal cities. She prayed that this lady brought it.

"Are you lost?" She asked, "Where is your home?"

Bai Qian shook her head.

"You don't have one?"

She nodded.

"Any family members you can rely on?" She asked.

"I had an aunt, " Bai Qian said, "But she's gone now, "

The lady relaxed her shoulders, "Gone? What happened?"

Bai Qian was tempted to tell her story. How she ended up being raised by her aunt.

Da Ji had escaped execution and traveled back to the immortal realm to see her sister. Instead, she found her whole family was slaughtered. The only one who survived was Bai Qian. She was only half a century years old.

She didn't remember what had happened that night. Apparently, the atrocity committed that night has caused severe trauma to her. Her aunt had given her the soup of forgetfulness. It eased her mind. She stopped having nightmares, her aunt said it was the celestials who did it, Mo Yuan and his disciple Jiang Zi Ya.

They didn't agree with what she was doing in the mortal realm. Therefore, they decided to kill her and her entire family as punishment. They just didn't expect her to escape and that Bai Qian was still alive.

Jiang Zi Ya was an odd man. A Taoist master under the training of High God Mo Yuan. The only mortal who did so. He had established the Investiture of the gods and helped others ascend into godhood. But he did not.

When he was an officer to King Zhou 紂王, Da Ji's husband. He would constantly butt heads with her. Eventually, he left and helped a king from a neighboring kingdom, King Wu of Zhou 周武王 to overthrow King Zhou 紂王. Establishing the Zhou Dynasty 周朝 and ending the Shang 商朝.

King Zhou committed suicide. Da Ji escaped execution. Jiang Zi Ya had decided to remain in the mortal realm as an advisor to King Wu and passed away in peace.

Taking Bai Qian, Da Ji went on the run for centuries. She had escaped punishment. 

Therefore, as the lord of justice, Mo Yuan chased after them. When his brother was of age, Ye Hua joined in on the hunt too. Each time they meet, they fight. Each time Da Ji and Bai Qian managed to escape. Her aunt had called Bai Qian her good luck charm.