Chapter 42: Fire Extinguishers

Miami, Florida:

I looked down at the upcoming mansion right below us. Tony and his suits were floating right behind me, it was the middle of the night, though the lights of his and his suits boosters made us clearly visible.

Meaning, every single soldier inside the mansion came running out with guns pointed right at us.

"So...maybe we shouldn't have arrived in a flying car with sixteen flying suits behind us," I said as I stood up on the roof of my car, cracking my knuckles.

"Maybe, but subtly is more of Natasha's thing anyway," Tony replied, "now, we have 30 hostiles with semi automatics. How do you want to do this?"

"With maximum effort," I replied before leaping forward and activating my repulsors, blasting into the main court yard where the men were all gathering.

"Here's web in your eye!" I took out several web grenades and throw it at the gathering men. The cartridge exploded, fixing them all together in one great lump. My spider sense kicks in, immediately I jumped, just in time to avoid a hail of bullets.

I landed behind the gunners and kicked their legs out before punching their light's out. Tony then swooped down and began destroying people left and right, blowing people away in moments. We were almost done with the court yard when I was hit with a huge wave of danger coming from my spider sense.

"TONY!" I cried out, running to him, "we need to go!"

"What? Why?" Tony asked as I jumped into his arm, the man catching me automatically.

"Just fly up as fast as you can!" I cried out and in a moment he complied, shooting into the air. And as we reached a height of fifty feet, the ground below us rumbled loudly.

BOOM!

Tony and I was blasted upwards from the force of explosion, the heat burning my feet and a portion of my lower back. I went flying through the air along with Tony. One of his armour came in and caught us both, floating far away from the mansion.

I shock my head slowly and looked down, the entire Miami mansion had been totaled, the men there...they were all gone. I looked down, my shin and lower back armour had been burnt off. A layer of my skin had all gotten burnt, but my healing factor was already healing it.

I turned to Tony, who slowly managed to fly by himself, shaking his head, "are you okay Spider?"

"I'm fine," my ear started to ache, I think they got damaged from the explosion.

"How did you know?" Tony asked.

"I have a sixth sense that informs me of danger before it happens," I groaned, "and right then it gave me a big ass warning." I reached around and fired my webbing at my exposed back, covering it from the exposed air. It wasn't a proper fix, but it would do for now.

"I see," Tony looked at the fire, "why did they burn it all?"

"Maybe because they didn't need it anymore?" I suggested.

"They would kill their own men?" Tony growled, "monsters."

"We need to find where they are," I told him, "no way they killed everyone. The Mandarin is still alive and so is Aldrich. Sexy, JARVIS, does the net say anything about their whereabouts?"