Chapter 32: Xamine the Mind

I drove into the Xavier mansion and pulled into the garage. I got out and reached into the back seat, pulling out my duffle bag.

I told May and Ben I was going for a school trip, they didn't even bother checking with the school to make sure there was a school trip. I hate the fact I abused their trust like that, but it had to be done.

Richard had no idea I was here, which is good. The man had been awfully protective lately, something I didn't like. He needed to learn he had no say in my life.

I walked up to the main mansion doors and smiled, all in all, it would be nice to see Jean again. I walked in and immediately stopped and blinked.

"Get back here Kurt!" a brown haired young girl with a button nose cried out as she ran at a blue fur covered boy with a tail, three digits on his feet and hand. Oh and he was teleporting.

"You have to catch me first!" he cried out as he disappeared in a puff of smoke before reappeared right before me, he leaped forward without looking and ran head first into my gut.

Honestly, it felt like nothing. He groaned as he rubbed his head and looked up, "what hit me?"

I smiled down at the shorted boy, "guten tag my friend."

Kurt's eyes went wide, "ah!" his hands immediately reached for his watch and turned to on, causing the fur and tail to disappear, replacing his mutant form with an ordinary teenage boy, "ah, hello."

I chuckled, 'so that's why Xavier wanted the watch,' I remembered him asking for the holographic watch, guess this was why.

"Hello there, I'm Peter, would you be so kind as to tell me where I can find the professor?" I asked looking at Kurt and the brown haired girl, who was now right next to us.

"Ah, yeah, who are you anyway?" the girl, I realised was Shadowcat, asked.

"An old friend," I smiled.

"The professor and the rest are having breakfast," Kurt said slowly, "we-ah, we can show you if you want."

"Cool, lead the way," I smiled.

Kitty, the brown haired girl, not my silver haired ex, grabbed the cellphone Kurt was holding with a huff, "and don't steal my stuff!"

"Ah! I was so close too!" Kurt grumbled as we walked into the mansion.

"So, you're the new students huh?" I made small conversation, "what can you do?"

Kitty looked surprised, "wait, you know about..our powers?"

"Your mutant powers?" they nodded, "yeah, I know. Also, considering I didn't freak out seeing a blue dude with a tail should have made that obvious."

Kurt chuckled nervously, "haha, yeah. Professor told me to keep my disguise on, but I usually turn it off at the mansion. I wasn't expecting any guest."

"No worries, can't expect to hide forever. Besides I didn't build that thing to serve as a crutch, it's a disguise, nothing more," I said pointing at the watch around Kurt's hand.

"What? You build this?!" Kurt asked in surprise and joy.

"Yup, the professor asked me too."