Chapter 30: Up Came the Sun

"It's been nearly two weeks since the Latverian Dictator Victor Von Doom, also known as Doctor Doom, was last seen in public eyes. The last time he was seen was in France where it is rumoured he threatened the French prime minister and his family. This hasn't been confirmed as no one in the French government has chosen to comment on it. But France's recent departure from the UN charter bill to bring Doom upon charges does rise some interesting questions.

"And in local NEWS there still isn't any word on the local missing hero Spider-man. People last saw Spidey swing into the burning Baxter building in order to save lives. Since that day there have been no sightings of said hero and no reports of his death official released by the Avenger's spokesperson, Tony Stark who only had this to say;

The TV displayed Tony standing before a podium dressed in a shirt and blazer, "Spider-man suffered grave injuries during his confrontation with Doom. I'm not sure whether or not he's coming back any time soon, but I sure hope he does."

"Well I hardly think that matters," May huffed as she switched off the TV, "that young man should know better. The poor Spider dear is probably hurt, he needs time to rest."

"Yes, he does May," Richard reached out and squeezed my hand, "we all do. But there's also a time in life when you try and get back on your feet."

I pulled my hand away getting up from the meal, I grabbed the empty plate and put it in the sink. "I'll see you guys tomorrow," I mumbled and walked upstairs to my bed.

"Peter!" Ben called out, I ignored him. I could hear him sigh, "it's too soon Richard, give him some time."

"But Ben-"

-No Rich, I understand it's important for Peter to break out of this funk. But you understand that he's still just a boy. He needs time to get over her."

I stopped listening then, slamming my door close. I walked inside and plopped on the bed throwing the blanket over my as I curled into a ball.

It's been two months. Two months since she left me. Two months and she didn't call, text or get in touch in any way. How? How could she do this?

Every moment of my life has been nothing but a grey reminder of what could have been.

I wanted Felicia to be there when I woke up. Instead I was alone. I had Jean, Logan and my dad, but I needed her.

I wanted her to be with me when I came home. But instead I ran to her house where she knocked me out. I woke up to find Natasha looking down at me with a sad look on her face. She didn't ask what happened, she didn't have too.

I wanted her with me when I told May and Ben that I was fine. Instead I had to do it alone, I had to pretend like all I had was sprained ankle and a couple of bruises, how else could I explain such a short recovery time?

I wanted her to be there with me when we went back to school. But instead I had Liz and MJ to keep me company as I walked down those halls. By then people had heard Felicia had transferred away. They looked at me like a lost puppy and they were right.

A few girls tried to get close, tried to get handsy. MJ and Liz scared them away. I didn't care either way. I am well past caring.

For two months I stayed in this shell. I wasn't Spider-man, not anymore. I'll admit, putting on that costume again, that feeling of absolute terror that Doom might one day come back to kill me again, that was why I didn't do it. I was scared to be a hero. And I couldn't be Peter Parker, not without her. I had no reason to be Peter Parker.