Stung Part 3

He saw a fire and started making his way toward it. A person was sitting there. He was talking to himself. A dog was by his side. I wonder if we'll ever nmake it back boy. He petted the dog. "Yup." The guy told the dog. "Its a cruel world out there." He let that sink in. He went back. That's guy is weird...moving on... He crossed a few bushes. He saw a dirt trail. It seems this trail has been walked on before. He started up on the trail. He needed some shelter. He looked over to a pretty low branch and hung his jacket over it to keep from the storm that's about to rage overhead. It started raining and I guess he drifted off because he doesn't remember anything after that. The following morning he'll travel farther down the dirt path. He awoke to the crisp morning air that urged him to wake up. He heard birds chirping and saw the wet undergrowth of the dirt path. The dirt path was full of mud. There was no way he could walk down it. Maybe if he walked to the side of it, it wouldn't be so muddy. His results came out positive. He started to hear people's voices.  "We have to kill this guy fast even if he got stung, (he whispers) he knows about us." Another portly guy steps up. "What of he figures out this isn't even real? Its all just a game?" The thin man walks over to him. "That doesn't matter now. He's the smartest of all of them. He could be anywhere."

"I know but-

"Look the only way to put him in the game is get a thorn bee to sting him. You saw him right? He went for the water. That wasn't supposed to happen." The thin man clamped his fist down on the car. Now Nathan knew they were talking to him. He wasn't supposed to outsmart them. He was supposed enter the game. The water was a mistake. Now they were going to go find him and get him to be stung by a thorn bee.