Chapter 70: Rewarded

Start from the beginning

"You really mean it?!" the girl asked, ecstatic.

"Yes, darling, go on," he grinned, blush coating his cheeks at her large smile, caused solely by him and him alone.

The (h/c) female took Yui's hand and hurried her up the stairs, sitting on her bed and asking Yui if she needed anything. The girl shook her head softly, her spirit visibly broken from whatever Shota had her do for him. She meekly looked down at her lap, her hands clasped together and her lips pressed into a thin line as if she was scared to speak or utter a word. (Y/n) looked concerningly at her companion, taking her hands in hers and giving her an assuring expression.

"It's nice to see you again," the dirty-blonde said quietly, saying nothing more.

"I really missed you. What happened? Where did you go?"

The former secretary tensed and fiddled with her hands again, taking them out of (Y/n)'s and distancing herself from the girl. She was silent for a long while, her eyes shaking and tears forming at the corners of her eyes. She whimpered softly before Kiana came into the room, barking at the girl. The girl let a small smile across her lips and took comfort in the fact that the animal allowed her to pet it.

"Fuck," a voice said, outside of the room.

"Are you spying on me, Yamato?" (Y/n) asked, speaking through the small crack of the door that was open, "Don't you have cameras for that?"

She heard a faint "my bad" and a thumping of footsteps going back down the stairs. The girl questioned why he was there, but she didn't get a response, making her roll her eyes. Yui laughed joyfully as Kiana licked her hands, slightly tickling them. (Y/n) smiled, grateful to see she could still laugh and smile. She knew Shota, and though he hadn't been where Yui was, she could only assume what had happened on his behalf.

"Master Shota...," Yui said quietly, freezing in place, "He's...He's a terrifying person. He - "

"Brat!" the redhead called, pushing open the door, "I hope you're not putting lies into my darling's pretty little head?"

"O-Of course not, Master Shota!" the girl said, getting on her hands and knees, trembling before him.

"I hope not," the male spat, "I haven't harmed a hair on your body, don't you forget that. (Y/n), dear, I'm afraid Ms. Kenko is a little shaken up from the way my men handle things sometimes. Don't let her get to you, as well. Remember to eat. I wouldn't want you to fall frail."

The redhead placed the girl's breakfast on her bedside table, giving her a kiss on her head as he ran his fingers through her hair. Then he left her with a small wink, walking off into the hallway with the pink-haired woman the younger girl had seen before. Yui still cowered on the floor, not daring to move without someone telling her to. (Y/n) placed her hand on her shoulder, offering her hand to her, but Yui didn't move.

An idea popping into her head, the (h/c) female walked to the door, swiping a card she'd been given from Shota. It locked the door and had an hour limit per day but it was best to use it at that time. Then she grabbed a few long dresses from the wardrobe and dragged a chair to stand on so she could reach the cameras. She draped them over the monitors and returned to Yui, telling her no one would be able to see or hear them nor would anyone come into the room.

"(Y/n)!" Yamato roared from downstairs, sprinting his way to her door and banging his fist on it with enough power to almost break a hole into it, "Open this damn door or I will knock it down! I mean it! If you don't open it in five fucking seconds, I'll kick the damn thing down and put a fucking collar on you! Do you want me to yank you around on a fucking leash?!"