𝙊𝙘𝙩𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙧

"𝙍𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙅𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣"

-

𝙊𝙘𝙩𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙧 15𝙩𝙝

"So, have you decided on a costume yet?" Alex asked with mild cheekiness to his voice. Since Mamá's birthday he's been overall more chipper which I thanked god for. Seeing him in such a depressive state for a long period of time really wasn't a happy sight, seeing him lighten up really made me smile.

"Not sure yet, but Audrey and Kyle wanted to take me to the yearly Halloween party at the end of the month. You know how I am with parties... Honestly, I'm just enjoying being home. They finally finished renovations and I'm back to my old space." "You don't have to go if you don't want you know, it's not good to force yourself into situations like that." I quietly hummed, thinking over my options in deliberate thought. "I guess, but do I really want to spend it alone either?" Mumbling out my words, I really didn't think I had a choice.

"I miss you, I really miss you Alex." I mumbled out, getting caught up in my own emotions. "I miss you too, we'll see each other soon right? Then we can hug and kiss all we want," "That's not all I miss too you know? I miss after classes seeing that you've fallen asleep waiting for me to come out, or how we'd watch movies and I'd toy and play with your tangled locks. Hugging and kissing isn't why I miss you so much, it's the little things we'd do together that doesn't feel the same without you beside me."

And there I was, ranting out letting all my emotions run free. "I know how you feel, trust me, I miss how you'd scold me for not eating breakfast or eat McDonalds with me at three in the morning after all your hours of studying. How we'd always sing as loud as we could while driving places or prank call some of my friends for the hell of it, I miss all the thins too. But honestly, they're too many things to name." I smiled, and I saw him smile back even if the quality of Skype wasn't amazing.

"Alex, what would we do if you never come back?" I looked at him, a soft look in his eyes as his smile dropped. "I... I don't know honestly. But I'm coming back, don't worry about that Hermosa." "Who will take care of Mamá? Your siblings, they're always so busy, if you leave who will stay with her?"

He looked down, his voice caught in his throat, my chest tightened too. This was a sensitive area with everything going on but, we needed a plan. I didn't know what we'd do in any situation, I just wanted to be prepared. "Alex, I'm sorry but... We need to figure things out with Mamá. It's obvious being so far is putting a wedge in our relationship, I just want to know what happens if you stay there longer than we thought? Would you manage to bring Mamá here?"

"She's quite adamant on staying here in Mexico, I don't think she wants to move, ever. And weren't you planning on moving away after school? Bringing her up there wouldn't make any sense. I also have my things here, remember that. What if you came down here?" "I could always come to visit but you know I have my school, I can't always visit. Christmas, New Years... Things like that I can come, but my parents would want me over too you know? There could be a very long period in time we won't see each other."

A deathly silence overtook us, "...What would we do? What should we do...?" My voice dropping to a whimper, I wasn't about to lose Alex. But it seemed like we only really had one option. "I suppose, we just have to wait it out. Video call is all we can do at the moment." That answer wasn't one I was exactly happy with but what else could we do? "We just have to make the most of it I suppose, maybe it'll make us appreciate the time we spend when we do get together, right? I guess this Christmas really will be something special huh?" "Yeah... I can't wait, you know Mamá's already buying Christmas gifts?"

"She's always been such a sweetheart, I called her earlier today. She tells me you haven't been sleeping well..." I frowned, he gave an ever so small sheepish smile, "You know what I have to do. Sometimes I don't make enough time to eat... Or sleep." "Alex, please take care of yourself. I know, with what's been going on with Mamá life's been tough but... People care about you. If you won't do it for yourself, do it for me or better yet Mamá."