𝙅𝙖𝙣𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮

"𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚."

-

𝙅𝙖𝙣𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮 1𝙨𝙩.

"Happy new year!" Everyone shouted as the commencement of the new year began, I let out a soft sigh wondering why did I even agree to come?

People were cheering, talking and some were so wasted they didn't even know it was now the commencement of the new year. With so many people around me, I still somehow manage to not recognize any of them, most of the party I sat looking over my drunk friend who was half-conscious and laid on the couch completely and utterly wasted. These college parties... A crazy place I never bothered to attend; with the exception of tonight, you could say since Audrey, the drunk friend of mine half passed out, refused to let me stay at home.

Wry smile and drink in hand, I watched the people around me lazily, scanning my eyes across the sea of people barely in their twenties having a good time without a care in the world. My eyes went back to the nonsense blabbing girl at my side, she was the only reason I hadn't left yet, trying to get ahold of her boyfriend was difficult. Especially since he was probably just as black-out drunk as her at another party across campus, I wasn't about to carry her to the car either, knowing I couldn't manage that at all.

So here I sat, eagerly waiting for her to wake up so we can go, or at least until I could call Jaden, her boyfriend, or one of his buddies I hoped would be sober enough to drop by and help out.

My eyes glossed over everyone in the room again, their unfamiliar faces not really interesting me as I slyly took another sip of my drink. It's all I've been doing for the past half an hour, nothing really else to do. I may have looked like a prude but that would be the opinion of someone that didn't matter to me. None of these people would remember any of this the morning after anyways.

The pungent whiff of deodorant caught my attention for all the wrong reasons, the man it had decided to take a seat beside me. I gave him a glance just to se who I was dealing with; bleached blonde hair that looked most certainly damaged, warm tanned skin with a tinge of orange that lead me to believe it was fake. And to top it all off? Huss fashion sense... It was Displeasing, like if a tourist in Hawaii was colourblind and didn't know how to match properly... To put it lightly. He gave a smug look as his flimsy plastic sunglasses were practically falling off his nose.

"Hey baby girl, what's your name?"

The smile he gave me unsettled me, it couldn't even be described as a smile but rather a large grin. His voice was trying it's absolute best to be as deep as possible, though it was apparent it was a ruse of some kind and it wasn't fooling anybody.

I gave him a side glare as I paid him no mind, sipping away at my beverage. I looked over to Audrey, I swear to god I wasn't going to let her take me to another party again if I had to deal with people like this. Oh wait, I have in the past and I still let her boss me around sometimes. I loved her and I knew she only looked out for me but it was really a pain to go though with.

"Common, how about we leave this party and take this over to my place." He reached over and took hold of my wrist, to which I attempted to break free of to no avail. The situation was growing more uncomfortable and although I looked over to see if my friend had even slightly gained mild consciousness but not a single sign of life came from her.

"Let go of me." I used the firmest voice I could but trying to assertive when the music was so blaring was difficult, and to top it off his grin growing wider as he seemed to only enjoy watching me struggle. "Baby common..." He was moving uncomfortably close to me, I tried breaking free of his grip but it was no use. The smug look on his face disgusting me, the sick bastard was getting enjoyment out of this. I continued to try and thrash away but my efforts were in vain as he didn't even budge.