𝙁𝙚𝙗𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮

"𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙫𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙚"

-

𝙁𝙚𝙗𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮 1𝙨𝙩

"Y/n you know it's been like... Forever since we last talked." Alex went on about how basically for the last stretch of January I had ignored him, although I had my excuse of school, some part of me might have been feeling the burning effects of jealousy. I kept my cool though, he was happy and I was happy for him.

"Alex, school is hard and I just needed time to myself to concentrate on studying. But look, now we have two weeks to shop for a dress." We were currently walking around the mall looking for a nice clothing store for a dress for the quinceañera since I no longer had appropriate attire that fit. It's been years since I'd worn something so elegant, and Alex was surprisingly really excited to go out and shop with me.

"You wear essentially what you would to like a wedding, guys have to wear dark suits and girls have to usually wear evening gowns or cocktail dresses." I scoffed, "you're talking as if I've never been to one. The only reason we're looking is because—"

"You wanna spend time with me?" We shared a laugh, "nothing fits." I corrected him.

"We'll find a dress in no time." He laughed, "yeah I guess. When is the quinceañera anyways?" "So happens she was born the Fourteenth..." "So, Valentine's Day." We had spoken together, our eyes met for just a moment while my breath became lodged in my chest. We broke that however and adverted our eyes the minute we realized what was going on.

"So I guess you'll be my little Valentine this year huh?" "Y...yeah" I laughed along with him but I was flustered at the thought. His Valentine? We weren't even together. Besides I was his second choice... It stung, badly actually but I didn't voice anything against it.

We eventually went into a nice looking store, with dresses from a to z, it looked like a nice little place even if it wasn't as fancy as the other franchise stores. This was the corner of the mall locals actually set up shop, and I found it rather charming.

"Welcome, welcome!" A small Chinese woman came rushing out, giving us a bow as she was flowing with energy. She looked like we were her first costumers ever as she leads us further inside.

"What you looking for? Blue? Long? Sparkle?" Her accent was strong as she took my hand and showed me around, it was apparent English wasn't her first language but she tried her best and that's what I admired. Alex was having a hard time keeping up with her as he tried following us around, I had no problem though slipping between tightly but together racks and following her around the maze-like store. I was a frequenter of what you would call hole-in-the-wall boutiques so it wasn't a new experience for me.

We stopped suddenly when she noticed Alex had trailed behind, he was confused to turn around to her pointing straight at him. "You, boyfriend? Girlfriend look nice in this." She then suddenly pulled out an elegant garment that I wouldn't expect to be so nice in a place like this. It was a pure white cocktail dress with the outside fabric being a transparent one than the one under being a solid white colour. The top part had embroidered flowers with pale ish colours of green, blue and pink. A dash of yellow too. It was as if you would wear the flower garden of someone important against the backdrop of a milky pale sky.

I ran my fingers over the sewing work, it was beautiful. The figure was hourglass and looked to be extremely flattering if not too small. The bottom part of the dress extended out, and I wondered how I would look in this sort of look. Just picturing it made me complete fall in love with it.

"Uh no, I'm not her boyfriend..." He mumbled to the woman, she raised her brow, handing me the dress only to put her hands on her hips.

"What are you to her? Brother then?"