𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝

"𝙄'𝙢 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙨𝙡𝙚."

-

"Y/n! Wait up!" I cried out to her, school finished and we were heading back home after our first day of eleventh grade. But she decided to take me by surprise and challenge me to a race back. Even if we were high schoolers, she still had a childlike aspect to her that always was like a breath of fresh air.

Soon enough, we were running down the street together. I was slowly catching up to her little by little since she was slowing down as I kept the same speed. Our smiles were wide and our laughter caused our neighbours to smile as they watched us run down.

Mamá was relaxing on our porch as suddenly Y/n ran past her into the house, I slowed my pace and gave an awkward smile to her as she raised a brow at me.

"Disculpen mamá!" Y/n had yelled from inside the house, Mamá had chuckled a little and let me through.

[ Sorry mom! ]

"Pero no rompas nada." I nodded to her and joined Y/n inside, I ran down to the stairs into the soundproof basement. Ever since I've been gaming Mamá never liked hearing my yells or cries so she moved my room from upstairs to down here.

[ don't break anything. ]

But honestly, I enjoyed it a lot more. No windows for the rays of sunshine to hurt my sensitive gamer eyes.

I rushed down the stairs, but the door was closed. She locked me out of my own room...! "Y/n! Open up!" I cried out to her, her soft giggles could be heard at the other side of the door.

"No!" She yelled in between laughs, I couldn't help but chuckle myself as I banged on the door once more.

Ever since we got together, she's been more open to me. Laughing and pulling jokes with more confidence, they always lightened up my day. She lightened up my day, I should say.

"Common! You can't stay there forever! Mamá's making food." And like that, she opened up the door rushing out, soon realizing I had pulled a fast one. I gave a smirk as I closed the door in her face, her laughter could be heard from my side as she yelled at me.

"Alex! Open the door!" She whined playfully, she was just so happy all the time. It was always a pleasure to hear her laugh, and trust me, I heard it often.

"No!" I mimicked her voice, the tables were turned against her but the laughing nevertheless continued and our playful atmosphere stayed strong.

"Ok, ok. I apologize for locking you out the first time." Her laugh dwindled down but her voice remained cheery. "You're still not coming in!" I teased at her, she gave a light scoff. "Ok, ok. I'll do you a favour then, how's about that?"

"Hm..." I pondered for a moment, this could be interesting.

"How about let's make a promise?" I spoke as I opened the door a little do see her, "depends... What specifically do you want?" She inquired, suspicious of my intent.

I put my hands up, "nothing weird, I promise." I smiled, "go on then..." She leaned against the wall waiting for my answer.

"Promise me... No matter what... We'll be friends forever?" She let out a laugh, "what are we Alex, five?" But I gave a smile, "in case of anything. You're my best friend, my girlfriend... Even if times grow tough I want to go make sure I'll always have someone to rob a bank with."

She winked at me, "we'll go to jail together. I can promise you that." We joked around, but the promise was set. No matter what happens, we'd be together.