𝙎𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧

Start from the beginning

[ Mom, you're not forcing me to do anything. I'm doing this because I care about you, Y/n and I left our trip and stayed by you because we care about you. And yes, I have a life to live but you're apart of that life. I'm staying by your side until you get better. - Y/n is alright, right? - I call her every day, she says she's going to call you later tonight. ]

I hummed, I hoped she was okay. I had heard what had happened when Alexis and she were forced apart, she was just as fragile as I was emotionally, maybe even more. I'll pray for you, my girl.

-

The ringing of the bell signalled everyone was free to leave the lecture, I stopped my recording of the class to listen to later. I looked at the time, it was already two... Alex hadn't called me this morning and he would usually call after class to tell me how Mamá was doing. That was all the interaction that connected me to him, not being able to come home to my dorm after a long day to a happy cheerful person messed me up. it affected my mood, but all my feelings were suppressed, Alex was always tired trying to run around getting Mamá anything she needed.

I can't just call him all the time, I can't just tell him how I feel that would be unfair to him. Loading all my issues onto him when he's trying to deal with his emotions, almost losing both parents within six months. That kind of thing would mess anyone up, he was the one who needed to be comforted not me. I should call him, to check up if he's ok.

"Ms. L/n, may I speak with you?" I looked up to see my professor, sitting in the seat in front of me. "Yes, professor? What would you like to discuss?" I spoke, still packing my things away to head home. "Well, you've been zoning out for the past ten minutes, everyone left twenty minutes ago. This reminds me of last May, I had heard you had attempted suicide after showing the symptoms you do now. I wanted to come to talk with you to make sure you're alright." Oh, that's what this was about.

"I won't lie to you, I have been a little low but that's because my boyfriend's mother just recently attempted suicide. I was close with her since I was young and he's been in Mexico to take care of her. Not having anyone to talk to is rough, I'm hoping to call him later today..." My professor let out a low hum and then gave me a card. I took it from him and read the cursive writing that was decorated on it. "It's a group our campus has three times a week, it's for our students who feel depressed or lonely. Their first meeting is in a couple of days, our staff has been thinking of starting a group like this since we heard about your incident. It opened our eyes to the mental health of our students. You're not forced to attend but I highly recommend you do, it can help you make some new friends who you can relate to."

Maybe this would be something good, though in the past I have attended group meetings. I've never shown up for the second day but, hey, maybe I'll like it? I twisted the card between my fingers, checking over both sides and thinking of what I should do.

"If you think it could help, could you inform them for me that I'll show up to the next meeting?" He smiled, put a hand on my shoulder with that soft caring old man smile. "I'm glad you can get help."

Maybe, this could be a new leaf... A tool to help me get over this obstacle of life.

-

I sighed, entering into my empty shared dorm. Audrey was being Audrey, sleeping at Jaden's and only really showing up when they had a falling-out. I hadn't seen her since I came back though, I wonder how she was doing. I carefully set my bag down on one of our chairs to only then sit on my elevated bed. It was weird, they were starting small renovations and repairs on our other dormitory and as to not disturb us they moved us to one that wasn't being used.

Everyone had the same roommates and all, it's just that I wasn't accustomed to the room yet. It wasn't nearly as nice as our nicely painted modern room equipped with hardwood flooring, this one was more average college dorm. But I wasn't complaining honestly. The walls in this old building were thicker, and as the temperature dropped this room stayed nice and warm. And for that one-off day where it gets really warm, it has AC. But, one thing I missed entirety was the small grocery area they had attached to the lobby for students who didn't have a car or couldn't afford the bus. They were renovating it too to try and expand on it, but I wouldn't be back until maybe next month. And the biggest plus, I don't have to hear some random guys above me getting it on with a random girl. I've filled out so many noise complaints he even paid me to stop.