I've been clearing my head and now that I don't have any worries, I can work properly." I smiled, cuddling into his chest as I listened to his beating heart.

The soft pounding caused me to relax, hearing what essentially was his life, continuing forward was something that put me at ease. It assured me he would be there, that he was alive.

And that always calmed me, I adored it so.

The fabric of his shirt was soft, rubbing up against my cheek. His arm around my shoulders as he rested his chin on the top of my head, "this is nice." I hummed, honestly kind of falling asleep.

"Mhm..." I yawned, "I'm gonna take a small nap... Wake me up in twenty alright?" He hummed "no problem, goodnight. I love you." "I love you too Alex."

And like that, I focused on the beat of his heart and my breathing. Steadily inhaling and exhaling, feeling my chest rise and fall as my mind cleared and I fell asleep...

-

Alex's p.o.v.

With my arm around her, Y/n rested so peacefully. She snored softly, she looked so delicate... Fragile. It was so serene, our moment together... But I pried my eyes away when I realized how creepy I was being, I was full-on watching her sleep. Like, seriously.

Can that get any weirder?

But then I jumped a little at the sound of knocking, Y/n had never mentioned expecting anyone today so when I got up I was slightly wary.

She spoke about her dorm rules, how generally lovers weren't allowed sleeping over but she assured me that no one reinforced them.

My mind tried to think of the other possible options... Erm, Audrey her friend? Maybe she was here, but why would she...

The worse thing was I had no means of checking, as her door lacked a peephole.

But I couldn't ignore whoever was at the door, what if they were important... Ugh, but if they were I'm sure they wouldn't want to hear "oh sorry the person you're looking for is asleep. Oh and I'm her boyfriend." That'd make things... Weird.

Right? Probably.

I contemplated a little longer, yay or nay...? Yes or no... Opo o hindi po...? What language even was that last one?

Think Alex...

Screw it I'm opening the door.

And as soon as I did I immediately regretted it.

-

Y/n p.o.v.

I heard voices, loud ones at that. They made my eyes open slowly, waking me up from my dark trance...

"Alex...?" I asked out of the blue, curious as to why he wasn't by my side.

"Y/n, sorry for waking you up." And like that, he came to my side. I rubbed my eyes and looked around the room.

My heart sinking down into my stomach as I saw who stood in it, who else but my mother and father. Arms crossed, looking at me with looks that make me sink into my chair.

"M...mother, father. May I ask what brings you here?" I tried to pull the sophisticated act, all tiredness was gone as it was sorta scared out of me.

My father sighed, "darling I thought you told her we'd be coming." "I did dear, but it seems to me she's forgotten." Her glare ice-cold as it pierced right through me.

I felt as if a cool wave washed over me, shit, when I was a mess she did say she was coming. I guess I was so busy in the moment I just-

"Forgotten. Just like your responsibility, what were you doing before we entered?" "Well, um, Alex and I were hanging out as I was taking a nap-"