𝙁𝙚𝙗𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮

Start from the beginning

"No, we're just friends."

She shook her finger in front of him, "friend don't buy dress for other friend unless crush! So crush?" We were both growing embarrassed, with Alex having all the blood rush to his plump cheeks and as consequence turning bright vermillion.

"Y/n I think we should go-" "but Alex the dress..." I looked down to what I believed to be my dress, "We'll find another one." He was quick and flustered, he took hold of my hand and tried pulling me out.

But before he could I passed the dress to the lady, "thank you. I'm sorry." She gave me a wry smile. "Thank you."

And like that, I was forced out of the shop by Alex, "Alex you're being a little... Extra." He was still red and storming away and in hand with my own. "I didn't appreciate what she was saying." "It was a joke, Alex, relax. She didn't mean any harm by it. I mean, we are shopping for dresses together, that's not something just friends tend to do..."

He kept quiet as we eventually were on the other side of the mall, approaching the food court as he didn't even try to look at shops.

He seemed really troubled by the woman's comments, but did he really care that much if people mistook us for a couple? I personally didn't, we were one before but his answer could easily be, "I have a girlfriend" even if she's... Missing in the personality department.

We ended up taking a seat at a table and getting a drink, it was getting close to lunch but he and I wanted to try and eat somewheres else cause... Everyone's probably had their local mall food at least a hundred times over. At least I have, so much to the point where every vendor knew my name in that food court.

"Ok, so... Why'd you back out? Common, the dress she was selling was just perfect." He sipped from his straw before he responded, "I... Don't know. It reminded me of all our times together."

"And that's a bad thing why?" I laughed, taking a sip of my drink. "... I guess cause we ended it off so poorly." I raised a brow, from what I remember we ended it fine. Of course, we were both sad about it, but I didn't think it was poor. We weren't screaming our heads off, it was bound to be depressing but poor wasn't exactly what I'd describe it as; we could've been so much worse.

"We did?" He looked at me, "you're kidding." "We ended off fine in my opinion."

"You consider crying your eyes out fine?" He looked down into his cup. "I was devastated, I couldn't take my mind off of you but the long-distance was difficult for the two of us. That's how I met Anabel, at a party. She had just left a relationship just like me when I was sad she'd kiss my sorrows away. I singlehandedly lost my girlfriend and best friend, no one connected to me the same as you. I was alone, and I hated it... But she was there for me. When I was happy we'd shop together every weekend. We've been together since. I consider it poor because we turned our backs on each other. Do you know how that felt? Before Anabel came and became what I lost, I was alone with absolutely no one." So they've been together around three years. About as long as Alex and I were. I chewed the inside of my cheek, so I was the reason he needed to cling to the first girl he saw after.

"Of course I know how it felt, you were the only one I had. I lost contact with you and never tried finding you again, it hurt losing you but you know how important school is to me. I thought it was fine because breakups can end so much worse. I felt we handled it civilly." He gave out a lovesick sigh, "the aftermath was shit though. That woman at the shop... She brought back all those memories that make me sleepless. The what-ifs and the shouldn't-ofs. I spent so much time crying. I didn't want to be reminded of that. I have no clue what happened to you after you left. It was like you died even..."