"So what's the big news?" I ask.

"Gorge got tenure!" Ma enthuses proudly.

"You could've told me that over the phone" I laugh.

"My professor" Hannah smiles and he puts his arm over her and she snuggles into him while they look into each others eyes, I look away towards Henry. I stay for around ten minutes and have a cup of coffee while having a little catch up.

"I know but I didn't want too" Ma teases.

"You having dinner?" here?" Ma asks.

"No but I'm going to drop my bags off at the apartment and I'll be back later" she smiles again and gives me a hug.

"I missed you so much"

"I missed you too" I say to her.

I whistle and Roxie jolts up coming to my side, I pick up my bags at the door and George pick up his keys, "you should've just come after you dropped your bags off"

"Had to see my favourite nephew first"

"He's your only nephew" his brow moves up.

"And that's why he's favourite" I point out and open the door. I open the trunk to George's car placing my bags in.

He drops me off at my apartment before heading to target. I take the elevator up to floor seven, I unlock my door and Rox runs in heading straight for my room, I drop my bags beside my wardrobe in my room and fall back onto the bed with a sigh.

I don't have much in this apartment due to always being away, I should maybe renovate but what would be the point.

Rox jumps up onto my bed and lays her head on my chest, "Hi!" I pat her head and give her a little kiss on the head.

She's a beautiful German Shepherd and has been with me for the full four years, the guys would always jokingly call her my girl, now I just go along with it.

Her fur black around her nose and around her eyes, her fur is a mixture of black and brown, more black. She's been a great friend these years, wouldn't change her for the world.

"You hungry?" Her eyes ping up in excitement.

"Come on" I say and she follow me to the kitchen, I give her food and fresh water into her bowls and whistle pointing to the bowls, she moves from waiting patiently and begins to eat.

"I'm going out for food because i don't have anything so, I'll be back" I tell her, she glances up at me before looking away averting back to her food.

Yeah, she doesn't care.

I pat my pockets making sure I have my wallet and keys before leaving and locking the door, I go down in the elevator and heading to my nearest favourite Mexican restaurant, which I always go to and take away from.

"The original?" She smiles when i walk through the door.

"Yes please, Susie"

I wait a while and scroll through my phone, once I get the bag full of food, I thank her and give her the money with a tip, she thanks me before I head out the door.

I look around my surroundings taking in the beautiful sun setting above me, it's pink with yellow and orange tones making it mesmerising. I missed it here. I'm hardly here anymore, I'm aways away on tour and I can only blame myself because i continue to extend, I'm not entirely sure why.

I look down seeing a girl walking my way, I move slightly to the side of the sidewalk making sure she has enough room to get past. She looks up from the floor and glances across the street and up at the sky as she walks closer, my heart drops to the pit of my stomach.

She looks different, really different and I don't know if it's a good different. "Cam?" I grab her arm before she completely walks past me, she gasps in shock before looking up at me and pulling her grey hood down.

"Ace?" She says with a frown.

"Hey.." I say in shock, i haven't seen her in what..five years?

Her face is thin and her hair is long falling over her shoulders. Her cheeks and nose red from the cold winter air, even though she looks different she's still unbelievably drop dead..gorgeous.

She's wearing tight blue jeans and a grey hoodie, her long brown hair looks shiny and thick through the streetlights. Her once chunky legs are now thin along with chubby cheeks which I both loved so much.

"Hi" she says seeming unfazed, does she not remember me...of course she does, she just said my name.

"How have you been?" I ask curiously.

"Great, I have to go so..bye"

"Wait" I say grasping her arm again, not really knowing why.

"What?" She pulls her arm out of my hold.

I gulp, "Do you maybe want to go for a coffee, sometime..tomorrow maybe?"

"I'm busy, sorry"

How can someone feel so drawn and such feelings for someone they haven't seen in so long, is that possible to still feel the same way towards someone after all this time? All I've done is look at her and been completely mind blown at the feelings towards her, will I always feel this way?

"Oh, maybe the day after?" I scratch the back of my neck, feeling nervous.

Five years..five years and I still feel the same way.

"Can't, it's my cats birthday" she smiles, "Cya" she turns around again and continues to walk to wherever she is going.

She doesn't have a cat.

"Okay..bye" I say watching her walk away.

She's different, really different.

______________________________

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!
Any thoughts?

Please vote, comment and follow☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕