"That seems rather simple."

"It should be but some of these people girl, I don't even know how they got a diploma." She whispered.

I laughed as we steadily went over the training aspect. The job was pretty simple but I could tell it could be mentally draining sometimes. We worked for about four hours before being released for a lunch break. I had met a few other co-workers that Ally introduced me to including Thomas, Brad, and Nicole who were all nice as well.

Ally and I walked over to this local cafe for lunch that wasn't too packed. The food was inexpensive which was good considering I only had about twenty dollars left to my name until payday in about two weeks. We carried a conversation waiting in line to order.

"So you went to Howard?" Ally asked as we stood in line talking.

"For about two years."

"Oh wow, girl that school expensive as fuck." She said making me laugh.

"Yeah it is but it was fun and I met some great people there though I mostly stayed to myself."

"So what made you give up your full ride there?"

"Life, I got so caught up in other stuff," I said not really going into details about my past.

"Dang girl,"

We got to the front of the line to order. I settled for a salad with green tea and Ally got a burger with fries and water. We sat at a table waiting for our food and observing the scenery.

"This is a really cute place," I said glancing around the cafe.

"Yeah I been trynna get one of the cooks in the back attention for months now, he never looks my way though," Ally said making me erupt in laughter.

A ding came through the front door as a group of men entered, one being Owen with his friend Andre. Ally looked up from her phone shocked smiling at them.

"Andre!" She called out grabbing their attention. All four of them came over to our table hugging Ally.

"You had to work today?" One of the men I didn't recognize asked.

I sat in my seat watching the encounter looking confused as ever.

"I always work on Thursdays." Ally said looking over at me.

"Guys this is my new friend Tiana she works at the dealership with Owen and Andre." She explained.

"We know Tia." Owen said, "I'm not stalkin' you clumsy." He took a seat on the opposite side of the table picking up a menu.

"Hi, I've met Owen and Andre already." I told Ally after waving at the other two strange men.

"Oh good, these other two clowns are Twon and Kenny. I go to church with them sometimes, and this big-headed dude Andre is my older brother." Ally said taking a sip of her water.

"Clowns? I know you ain't talkin' all that damn eyeshadow on." Twon joked walking over to the cash register to order.

"What are yall doin' here anyway?" Ally asked.