"Well now you can go, and this little lady has a name."

"Oh, so she ain't quiet today huh? You ain't gotta tell me twice, I'll go." He smiled walking past me.

I rolled my eyes smiling continuing towards Matthew's office.

"Bye princess Tiana," Owen yelled out of the blue in the hallway acting like a small child making me laugh.

"Bye Owen," I spoke back shaking my head. He was corny but surprisingly his corniness made me laugh.

Funny and cute, no way he was single. I arrived in Matthew's office as he spoke on the phone to an angry customer. He put a finger up signaling for me to hold on. Once off the phone, he sighed drastically as I stood quietly by the door.

"Hey Tia," he greeted slamming the phone back down on the desk.

"Hi what was that all about?"

"Some lady pissed about the transmission in her car."

"Oh"

"So you ready for your first day?"

"Yes, you weren't lying when you said this was a process."

"That it is, but you did it. Now that everything is in the system we can take you up to the call center room. One of our agents will be training you. Her name is Ally she should be waiting for you to get up there. You know where the room is at right?"

"Yes"

"Alright well, I'll probably see you later on today."

"Sure, thanks again Matthew, for everything."

"No problem, oh I should be able to get your car situation handled tomorrow morning." He whispered to me.

I didn't feel comfortable telling him my business at first, but a closed mouth never got fed besides I only discussed my car troubles with him and Cindy.

I left his office walking to the call center room. It was filled with a bunch of employees mostly in groups due to already knowing each other. Suddenly I felt like the new girl at school holding the folder up to my chest sitting down at the assigned computer I was given. I put on a headset minding my own business until a young woman walked over to me sitting down.

"Hey girl you Tiana right?" She asked putting her purse down beside her.

"Yeah, but everyone calls me Tia."

"Oh cool, I'm Ally I'm supposed to be training you and all that." She turned towards her computer turning it on.

"Between me and you girl this job easy as hell and you don't get paid off of commission." She whispered over to me.

"That's good I guess." I laughed.

"You must be shy?"

"I would say a little bit."

"Girl you ain't gotta be shy around me." She said smiling at me.

"You seem like fun," I said not really knowing how to respond to that.

She laughed with a confused expression continuing to explain the job, "all you really doin' is answering calls through the headsets and helping customers figure out how to deal with their car troubles. If you don't know how to answer a question transfer them to a mechanic, and if they ask to speak with one transfer them. Basically, if it ain't got shit to do with your job description or you just honestly don't know, let someone else handle it. We don't get paid that much to be doing the most." She explained showing me the transfer extensions.