Chapter 22

Alex has been missing for a while. My god I miss him a lot, he had my back so many times, and especially when his uncle tried to kill me. I am so annoyed that we had to split and I am annoyed that he went missing and being a pain in the ass currently.

"How are you?" He asked.

"What do you think." I growled.

"Red, I am fine." He growled back.

"Well, you haven't been eating." I said.

"I have!" He shouted.

"I-I just worry about you." I sniffled.

"Red, I promise you." He composed himself.

It took a couple days to get him back to where he is better and not struggling. We rush back to the cabin, and while we walk Alex and I were holding hands. I know, I know if the other part of the group sees they will know maybe just maybe that this is something. But we really aren't sure either.

When we got back, it wasn't as happy and perfect like it should have been.... Jordan killed herself, and almost attempted to kill the baby as well; however, Gwen save the baby. She turned into a zombie and Gwen listen to what I said. She killed her.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just didn't think it was fair."

"What you mean?"

"Red, you started training me, I have done good but you didn't want me to go."

"I am sorry next time."

"When?"

"I don't know."

Later on, that night I took care of the baby. Jamie he was in shock, he just sat there crying in the corner. Gwen, she was too pissed with me and went outside and sat there in a tree. I fed, change and rock the baby before she fell asleep, and I just felt so bad. Beatrice, Rebecca, Jordan all died.... This family has been through hell.

The next day I was still caring for the baby. Gwen was still pissed off with me, but what else was supposed to do? I am not going to lose her; she is my baby sister. Edwin, Mark, Beckett and I were talking about what we were going to do with the baby because it doesn't seem Jamie wants her now.

After that conversation I went outside to see what Alex was doing. He was doing a watch; he hasn't done that with us for a while. I told him what was going on while he stays on watch, I could tell he had concerns about all of this; however, he didn't know what to say.

I sat with Jamie later without the baby. I just talk to him about grief because of the death and how I was handling it especially when my own parents turn into one. He just stares off in blank space. I kept talking to him about the baby and I told him we can't keep calling her baby, I told him some name suggestion I had in mind. Again, he just stares off.

Mark, Beckett and I decided that we should name the baby Ember. It was one of the names that Jordan suggested, and her middle name will be Beatrice. So, that was it the baby wasn't just a baby anymore she was family.

I sat with Alex out back for a while, no words just sitting together just watching the world. Eventually I told him that the baby was now Ember, and he smiled and said that was a nice name.

"Alex, what are we?" I asked.

"I-I don't know." He answered.

"Well, what do you want us to be?" I questioned.

He came closer and kiss me so deep that I almost couldn't breathe. When he finally releases me, I smiled and when we turn around, Beckett and Gwen were standing there giggling at me. Sometimes I really hate them.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, we are nearing the book, so tomorrow is only going to be one chapter a day. Also, I am back at work. Also, I have a book in mind after this one is finish. I started writing it to see how it will work out. Anyways I am done talking now. BYEEEEE