Win Some To Lose Some

Mulai dari awal

Kath chuckled and rested her head on the sofa. She stared at me thoughtfully and sighed, “it must be beautiful to feel that strongly for someone right? It’s what you call love isn’t it?”.

“yeah, I guess” I answered feeling a bit weird.

“Dave, tell me. What is love?” Kath asked intrigued, “I understand the love you feel for your family and friends, how you wouldn’t want them to feel hurt but, what about, romantic love?”.

“um, well” I scratched my head feeling clueless, “love is what you said. You don’t want them to feel hurt. You always want them happy, you don’t want them to suffer so, romantic love should be…”, I looked up in thought, “loving someone so much you share their pains, sorrows happiness,” I stared at Kath’s intrigued expression and laughed shortly, “it is supporting them when they no longer believe there is hope. It’s being sacrificial, willing to sacrifice everything you’ve worked hard for, for them”.

Kath and I were suddenly staring at each other. I felt that we were so lost in each other and it gave me a warm feeling but it wasn’t right. I shook myself out of it and jokingly said, “but who would do something like that? Those love things are only shown on TV soaps. They don’t really exist, and if they do, it must be one in a million years”.

Kath laughed and I smiled, then narrowed my eyes at her. “Why were you suddenly asking questions about love?” I asked slowly in a suspicious tone. Kath quickly straightened and I caught her hiding a sheet of paper behind her. She shook her head, “nothing, I was just curious”.

“I saw that paper behind you, give me that” I said, immediately crawling to her.

“No!” She exclaimed and jumped off the couch but I held her down and began fighting for the paper.

“Just give it to me. What is so special in it that you don’t want me to see” I asked a bit desperate to see what she was hiding. Kath never hides anything not worth hiding.

In my haste to get the paper from Kath, I ended up resting on her as she leaned backwards causing her back to be resting on the arm rest of the chair. “Ah!” Kath almost tumbled backward but being the hero I am, I held her back quickly and steadied her. This caused our legs to tangle and my full weight to be on her.

We stared at each other panting and after a while, I slowly got up and skillfully snatched the paper. “Hey! Stop being so childish Dave!” Kath whined as she tried to get me but it was too late.

“Childish?” I laughed dryly, “ha ha, very funny”. I looked at the paper and my brows furrowed in confusion. This is just Kath’s 13 Wishes but there is nothing any different…oh, I see.

1.Give to a cause. ✔

2.Learn how to ride a bike

3.Build a time capsule

4.Go to a carnival ✔

5.Try something new/weird ✔

6.Go to a beach. ✔

7.Go skydiving. ✔

8.Fall completely in love

9.Change a life. ✔

10.Get a tattoo done.