Chapter 7: Rolling Thunder, Pt. 1

Hey you
Tell me why you do the things that make me hate you
It's an emotional kaleidoscope when I face you
-Forget Me Too, Halsey

That's Esme's wedding dress!

~Adrianna

"Hey Esme!" I wiped my brow. I was still a bit sweaty, even after showering, because I had a volleyball game earlier that day.

"What?" Esmeralda replied. I was at a local bridal boutique, helping Esme find a wedding dress.

"How about this one?" I held up a silky dress with a sweetheart neckline and a mermaid skirt.

"Naw. I don't like showing my scar." She shrugged, referring to the mark on the side of her arm from the car accident that killed our mom.

"This one?" It was an off the shoulder dress with a princess skirt.

"Too traditional." Esme racked through the dresses. "This one would be pretty!" She held a long sleeve dress with a long skirt.

"That one's made for an older woman." I stuck out my tongue at it. "How about this one?" I pulled out a floor length dress with lacy long sleeves. It almost looked like Elsa's dress from Frozen.

"Naw- Wait! Let me try it on!" She snatched it and ran off to the fitting room. I grinned and hoped it fit.

"Onnie! It's beautiful! Come here!" She shouted. When I got to the fitting room, I looked at my sister, and saw more than just the goofy girl who practically raised me, but a beautiful ethereal queen. She had taken her long white-blonde hair out of its tight bun, and it cascaded down her back in loose waves. 

"One sec Esme! I'll be right back!" I ran off, grabbed a shimmering tiara with a veil attached to it an dropped it on Esme's head in less than a second.

"Aww, Onnie, it's beautiful!" Esme laughed. She looked fully contented. "Oh!" She waved her hand. Suddenly I was in a sleek dark red bridesmaid dress. I felt myself. I could still feel the denim of my jeans and my scratchy T-shirt. It was just a hologram.

"Wow! Is this the plan for the bridesmaid dresses?" I asked. 

"I thought because you don't do dresses, I could just do a hologram on you." Esme shrugged, changing the dress to a seafoam green which went much better with my olive skin. "That's more like it!" 

"I was thinking... I actually would wear a dress to my sister's wedding." I smiled sheepishly. "I mean that's just about the only thing I'd wear a dress for."

"True, but I'm doing blue and gold as the colors for the wedding." She said, "Just warning you."

"Hey, at least it's not pink." I paused for a moment. "Hey! Those are the colors on your suit! Blue and gold!"

"Sivonne, unlike you, I have a life outside of hero-ing. Those are literally just my favorite colors." She chuckled and rolled her eyes.

We purchased the dress and veil, which Esme teleported into the house. After that we headed to the floral shop to pick out the flowers we needed. 

"Joanna's Flowers, how may we serve you?" An older woman came out from the back of the store. 

"I'm getting married in about a month, do you do delivery?" Esme asked politely.

"Yes we do, and mazel tov!" The clerk, 'Miriam' answered.

"Can I get 50 bouquets of irises and sunflowers, with one blue and yellow rose arrangement." Esme ordered. "It's for the bride."