Chapter 6: Previous Engagements

And all those things I didn't say
The wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them out tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?
-Fight Song, Rachel Platten

Barry Allen was awake after nine months. I had watched in fascination as Caitlyn treated the man throughout the last few months of his comatose state. Surprisingly he had developed superspeed like my own.

"Mr. Allen, Sivonne Wells." Dad finally introduced us.

"Hi."

"You're Sivonne Wells? I've heard a lot about you." Barry shook my hand.

"From my dad or from People Magazine?" I giggled. "Because one says I'm a sweet little angel who can do no wrong, and the other says I'm a spoiled brat."

Dad smirked. "Is it possible to be both at once?"

"Hey!" I laughed. "If we're talking supermarket tabloids, then the National Enquirer says you're a supervillain bent on world domination."

I tiptoed back into the Cortex, then slipped on the mask I wore a few Halloweens ago. Enter Emperor Palpatine from stage left. I hid in the broom closet, waiting for Cisco to come and try to grab a cleaning implement.

"Bah! It's me!" I shouted, jumping out at Cisco. He swung the mop he was using directly at my head, not realizing it was me. "Eeek! Cisco! Mops are to be used as cleaning tools, not items of self defence!"

"Dude, Sivonne! How old do you have to be to have a heart attack? Cause I'm having like six at once." Cisco joked.

"Grow up."

***

Barry came back to S.T.A.R Labs, telling us he'd found a bank robber who could control the weather. Not as weird as the guy who could shoot mind control lasers out his nostrils that I faced in May.

"Dude, you're gonna love this!" Cisco elbowed Barry, showing him a suit similar to mine. The two continued talking about science mumbo jumbo that I'd already been through when Cisco gave me my suit, so I slipped on my headphones and picked a song I had downloaded onto my new Iphone 6 that my dad bought for Easter. It was called "Titanium" by David Guetta and one of my favorite artists, Sia.

"You shout it out, but I can't hear a word you say. Talking loud, not saying much.

I'm criticised, but all your bullets ricochet, Shoot me down, but I get up."

I started to sing along at the top of my lungs. "I'M BULLETPROOF, NOTHING TO LOSE! FIRE AWAY, FIRE AWAY! RICOCHET, YOU TAKE YOUR AIM! FIRE AWAY, FIRE AWAY! YOU SHOOT ME DOWN, BUT I WON'T FALL, I AM TITAAAAAANNNNIIIIIUUUUUM YOU SHOOT ME DOWN, BUT I WON'T FALL, I AM TITA-"

"Sivonne Alejandra Wells, please, be quiet!" My dad scolded with the tone of someone about to lose their mind.

"Sorry dad!" I yelped, taking the song off pause. It was now time for the epic techno breakdown. I was headbanging/moonwalking across the Cortex until I felt something pull my headphones off. Turns out it was my dad with a very annoyed look on his face.

"Barry needs your help. Go make me proud, Sivonne." He patted my back. I bent over and kissed his forehead.

"I love you daddy." I whispered.

In a blur, I changed into my suit and tied my hair into a tight bun so that I wouldn't get "speed hair*", and raced out of the building faster than the speed of sound.

"Dad, I'm at the farm, there's this huge tornado! What do I do?" I thought for a moment. "Other than scream and run away!"

"See that gold streak going around the bottom of the tornado? That's Barry. I need you to join him and unravel the tornado before it gets to the city." Dad explained.

"Erm... ok? If you weren't my dad, I'd say you were a lunatic, but, here goes nothing." I began running in the opposite direction of the tornado, the winds slowing as Barry and I ran. Suddenly a flash of silver light appeared in the center of the tornado, finally destroying the destructive storm.

"Esmé!" I shouted, running into my sister's arms. I noticed a ring on her finger. "Did Josh..."

"I'm engaged!" Esme smiled.

"Esme, I'm so happy for you!" I cried tears of joy, hugging her tighter.

"It was so romantic! Josh took us to that new French restaurant downtown, and like, five of his friends came in and started singing "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction, and then he got on one knee, and proposed! I'm so excited!" She rambled, teleporting us back while Barry dealt with the defeated villain, Clyde Mardon.

"Dad! You'd never guess what Josh did tonight!" Esme shouted in joy.

"Broke up with you?" He joked.

"No! He proposed! Look!" She showed the stunning blue and white diamond gold ring to everyone in the Cortex. "He said it was inspired by the movie Aladin!" She grinned, referring to the fact that her and Josh had met while doing their school play of the exact same title.

A single tear glistened in dad's eye. "My little girl is growing up so fast! When's the wedding?"

"We were hoping to have it in October." Esme was crying. "So you would have something else to remember that time of year by, other than the accident."

"Thank you." He said distractedly, with a dark look in his eyes.

Wells' POV

I drove the wheelchair I didn't actually need to the entrance of my time vault, placing my hand on the wall to open the secret entrance.

Once I was inside, I stood up and asked the room's A.I. "Gideon, show me any records of Esmeralda Ainsworth."

"Certainly." It replied.

The headline said, "Esmeralda Wells-Ainsworth, The Illusion, Dies At Age 22, Killed By the Reverse-Flash."

*Speed hair, as defined by Jay Barton, looks like a mixture between a hedge, an anime character, and a porcupine. It is made when a speedster with long hair does not pin it back before running, therefore almost irreversibly tangling it.

 It is made when a speedster with long hair does not pin it back before running, therefore almost irreversibly tangling it

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Esmeralda's engagement ring

I feel like I forgot to say this earlier, but I don't own anything except Sivonne, Esmeralda, and Josh.

Set Me Free- Book 1 of The Chronicles of Infinityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें