My father had 2 brothers and one sister. My father was the eldest son. Park Aria, my dad's sister, was married to a wealthy man. Though, her husband had to visit other countries often, she always used to visit us when they were in Seoul. Today, she was present here with her husband.

And the youngest brother, Ivan was here with his own family as well.

The table was full of people. Everyone was present.

My dad was at the head of the table and I was sitting at his right side. The other family members were seated and food was being served.

I cut the steak and ate it silently, listening others conversation and just nodding whenever anything was asked to me.

"So Jimin, how are our sales going? I heard that a new competitor has arrived at the market.", Ivan, my uncle, asked to me.

His wife shot him a glance and said, "Honey, no talk about business in the table."

"I was just asking...", He said to his wife.

" It's not troubling us. Park Industries can handle everything. If the competitor decides for trouble by taking up our shareholder's interests, I have plans.", I said.

"You are always prepared huh? Darius Park, you really raised your son very well.", Eric said, smiling and my dad simply drank the champagne.

"Tell us about yourself, Crystal. What are you doing right now?", My aunt, Aria said sweetly.

"I really love fashion designing. So, I just completed my studies in it and I have decided to open a boutique.", She said.

"That's cool."

"Yeah, I love it."

"You have grown up to be a fine lady. I still remember how you and Jimin used to steal ice-cream and cookies."

She laughed. Everyone was talking with eachother while I was left in my own thoughts. I needed to sort out my feelings. I needed to look at how things would go, what would be the pros and cons. But I was just getting more and more confused.

Like the stone that had been thrown in a lake, Crystal had caused tremors in the calm lake of mine, my calm vision.

*****

I was called to the study room of dad after dinner. When I got there, Eric and Crystal were already there.

"We are here to discuss a very important matter, son.", My dad said.

"Sure, go ahead.", I said and I knew what he was going to say.

"Jimin, you have already turned 27 years old and you are busy all the time with work. But it's time that you settle down as well and there's noone for you as perfect as Crystal.", He said.

"With your marriage, the relationship between the Parks and the Chois will be even more stronger. I gave this promise to Eric 13 years ago and you will fulfill it son.", He said, his voice was gentle and calm.

"Can we be left alone for some time?", I asked them and Eric and Crystal left closing the door.

"Is Crystal happy with this?", I asked him.

"Yes, she is. Eric asked her."

"I can't do this, dad.", I said.

"Why? Why can't you do this?", He asked with a shocked expression.

"I don't love her dad."

"That's bullshit. Jimin, when did you start preaching about love? Wasn't it just work, business and strategies for you? To have your own way in everything? When did you even start thinking about love?"

Since she told she would leave.

"I am not ready for this marriage. I don't think we are capable of working this out."

"But you haven't even tried Jimin! I have thought about this for many years and you just can't....I...Do you have someone?"

"I do."

"Who is she?"

"I won't tell you dad. I am your son and I know if I reveal the information about her, you are going to try your best to make her leave my life."

"I can't believe you. You disappoint me Jimin....", He said, frustratingly.

Right, he again became a disappointment.

"I am not ready for this and whatever, bullshit collaboration or relationship this is gonna strengthen.", I said firmly.

"No, you are going to be ready for this, Jimin. You will be ready for this and you don't have a choice. I am going to tell Eric that you just need some more time. Take whoever that girl is out of your mind and make place for Crystal. Leave."

Without saying anything more, I left the room.

****

I was outside in the balcony breathing some fresh air. Tonight was too hectic for me. I heard footsteps and Crystal appeared beside me.

She stared at me quietly. I didn't talk. I had nothing to tell her.

Then, she looked front, staring at the city view by my side. After a long excruciating silence, I heard her say.

"Jimin, you waited for me right?"

My breath hitched. The question that I never wanted to hear was infront of me. Suddenly, Miss Kim's face appeared in front of my eyes, her smiling face and the day I kissed her for the first time and my heart stopped for a moment.

"Answer me.", She said, this time looking at me.

What do I tell her? I didn't know if I had fallen in love with Miss Kim. I didn't know. I didn't know anything. It felt like I was walking a dark road and there was no light and I was just walking in circles.

"I don't know.", I said.

"You do, Jimin. You fell in love, right?", She asked. "You forgot the promise right?"

I couldn't speak. I couldn't utter a single word. One side, I had my dad. The other side, I had Miss Kim. I was torn between these two.

"Jimin.... I waited for you for 13 years...Your promise made me hopeful that you won't forget me. I...I have feelings for you... "

My worst fear came true. Crystal had feelings for me.

She looked at me expectantly, her eyes were hopeful. But I couldn't give her the answer she wanted because I already had someone else.

"Crystal, I need more time.", I said.

"I understand. I am willing to give you more time, Jimin. ", She told.

"I will leave now....", I said and left.

---A rose without thorns is like love without heartbreak. It doesn't make sense----

Please vote and comment ><