Chapter.17.The Awakening

Gilgamish's POV

Dark was the night the kingdom of kazan was in a chaos... The mightiest kindom of Beraj had attacked them... The army was attentive at the coasts as the enemy was arriving by a fleet of war ships... However the King was nowhere to be seen..

After encouraging the troops all day along... I met the four... They were on the front lines..They asked me about King Arden

"He is still not recovering.. For the past two days he is locked in his room and experiencing high fever."

"What happened to him" asked Soren

"The inner beast is awakening" I replied

"What beast"....He asked. my reply was short "Your Alpha, my son"

Before he asked anymore questions... A soldier ran into the tent

"Sire they are here"

We need to go to the coast Gilgamish.. Said Soren

"I am sorry Soren but you cant do that... He has also ordered you four to reach the Castle along with the elite guards.. He said the Castle would act as a fortress"

What about the people

The king has ordered Negasso to take all families out of the kingdom... They are in the Western mountains now.. The king has deployed all his army there... Only the four of you,, your 50 elite guards and the members of royal Castle will remain there....Negasso has also returned back and he is waiting for us all in the Castle.."

"What about our families." Asked soren

"The King has ordered the families of elite guards and all his staff to be present at the Castle. All others have been shifted to the mountains"

Aron entered the tent at that moment

"Soren...bad news.. your father has escaped the dungeons.. My father helped him..They are on horses and rushing towards the enemy"

"What now Gilgamish...The army is deployed in the mountains, who will protect the king. The elite guards are not enough to protect him.. Beeraj has a very strong army and now that my father is at their side only god knows what weakness he will convey to them" said soren

"This is what your king want" I replied

'Hurry up we have no time. We need to take every last of the elite guard to the Castle" said Ron

"We need to go now soren" said Gilgamish

"I don't know what havoc my father will bring towards us this time." Replied Soren as they all departed for the Castle

Lord Karun's POV

I was seated next to the King of Beeraj... Mandal was his name... He was a cruel man... I had told him all the secret passages to the castle and also about the people and army and where they were hiding..

But He was more interested in King Arden

He asked curiously

"I have heard that your King is pretty than any girl in the Kingdom"

I didn't like his questions but I told him the truth that how beautiful our boy King was

Mandal smiled at that and replied

"We need to break the wild horse in order to mount it"

Then he ordered his army chief to attack the mountains first in the morning...The crazy man wanted to kill every one in the mountains... I had told him that the whole army was deployed there and it was not easy to kill them all.... But he had apparently brought black powder from some remote kingdom... According to him the powder had the capability to blow off mountains... Though I didn't believe him... but for now I was on his side....

The next day I told him again..

"Sire it would take two weeks to reach the mountains and come back... The castle is on our way.... Why don't we go there first....instead of crossing it to reach the mountain"

"Because I want to break your King first" Mandal replied cruelly

As we crossed the castle and reached the mountains a week later I witnessed the miracles of that black powder... His army didn't do any fighting and yet they blew off the whole mountains killing every one... I was literally afraid of these people

Arden's POV

I was in an excruciating pain... Laila was holding my hand... My son was lying in his cradle... All my mentors and the four were waiting anxiously outside my chambers... My bones were cracking and remodeling themselves.. My nails were converting into claws... As I was transitioning my senses started heightening... I could hear whispers outside my room.... And then I heard the most sad news.... Beeraj had gone all way around my castle to the western mountains and they had killed my people and my army.

The news broke me and I cried out loud for the death of my people....

My screams soon ended... But now I was not a human anymore.... I was a beast