Chapter.1.Kingdom of Kazan

King Almish

Age 30

6 feet 3 inches tall, Jet black hair, fair complexion, blue eyes, handsome physique

Queen Amara

Age 25

5 feet 8 inches, Honey colored skin, Golden brown hair, hazel eyes, haunting features, kind expressions

The night was dark and cloudy. A storm was making its way on the deep black horizon of Kazan. The whole kingdom (3000 souls including) was in a slumber but four residents of the royal Castle were full awake, King Almish, Queen Amara, the royal teacher and healer Gilgamish and the midwife Sarah.

Queen Amara was about to deliver the next heir to throne. King Almish loved his Queen very much and was anxiously waiting for the birth of his child.

Almish belonged to a pure blood line of powerful Kashan Kings that had ruled the land for the past 150 years. The political conditions were bleak for the present King however. He and his queen had been slow poisoned for a whole year. He came to know about this, nine months prior, when his Amara became pregnant. Though the poisoning had stopped now but the damage had been done to the bodies of both husband and wife. Despite the poisoning Queen's pregnancy was a miracle and the royal healer Gilgamish had promised King Almish and Queen Amara that he will do his best to save their child however he had also told them that the chances of queen's recovery from child birth were very slim as she was weak and frail.

The King knew the danger his child would face after the birth. Therefore he had made an amendment in the old law regarding monarchy, which allowed the first child irrespective of gender to be the monarch. The new law stated that in case a girl was born the princess would be seated on the throne at her 18th birthday. The day after her birthday a fighting tournament would be arranged for men of noble birth. The winner of the tournament would marry the princess and would become the new King of Kazan. In case a boy was born he would be the king.

For more than a century, only boys were born as the first child in the royal family. Almish was the first Kashan King rooting for the birth of a girl as he knew that his son would be killed immediately by those who had poisoned him and his wife.

At present he was anxiously waiting for his child to be born.

Suddenly the silence of the night was replaced with cries of a baby that brought the king back to reality.

He entered the privacy of the royal chambers.

Sarah the midwife brought a baby wrapped in golden cloth to the King.

She told him the sad news of his wife's demise. The King saw his only child with tears in his eyes. He asked his child for forgiveness as he knew soon he would be gone too and there would be very few people sincerely loyal to this child.

He took his son to a secret chamber beneath his royal bed room along with his loyal teacher/healer Gilgamish and Queen's care taker Sarah.

The chamber was in fact a very big hall with sound proof walls. The hall was embellished with intricate designs and a beautiful central chandelier.

Once there the king held his son high in his arms and told the little baby

"I am dying my son but I will see to it that you become the rightful king that you are".