Chapter.14. Lovestruck

Princes Arden

Age 18 years

Height 5.11

Jet black hair, pale skin, eyes midnight blue

Slim built

The royal court was all set for today's meeting. I was seated high on the throne @ the place where my mother used to sit however my only goal in future was to be seated where my father used to sit. That throne was empty as usual. Gilgamish my royal mentor was seated beside me. Everyone was there, all the noble men and their sons. All eyes were on me looking at me with lust.

However I was bored, as I had no interest in any of the men. I didn't even care for the gang of those four warriors or should I say the great heroes of our kingdom. Soran the leader in that group wanted me for the past one year, but due to my status was very careful in pursuing me. In fact he and others had become my friends during the past 6 months. During this time Soran had tried numerous times to convert the friendship into something more but I had always discouraged him. I was also suspicious of Ron.. Perhaps he knew my secret.

My love Laila and my friend Negasso were both save and under my watch..

Lord Karun my royal adviser, the most noble lord in the court, but in reality my biggest enemy, the murderer of my father, was standing in front of me. He was Soran's father but a polar opposite to him. While Soran was gentle his father Lord Karun was cunning. He had always looked at my father's throne with envy and desire. Today also his eyes were on my father's throne as he started to address me.

"My dear princess today is your 18th birthday. It is time to hold the royal fighting tournament. The boys are preparing very hard for this event. After all, the winner of the tournament would be your husband and our new king."

I had been waiting for this day my whole life. No one would rule this kingdom except me. Only I would lead them just like my forefathers. But for the time being I had to agree with him. The game had begun. Soon very soon they will know their true leader.

"I give you my permission Lord Karun. Start the tournament next week after all our guests are here. Let's see who would be the winner and the new King to this Kingdom."

Lord Karun looked at the court and all in attendance.

"Now I would like to inform the royal court about the competitiors..

From our kingdom the competitor is Soran and his friends, Marvin, Aron and Ron.

From neighbouring kingdoms we have 15 warriors of noble birth. In total there would be 19 warriors fighting for the hand of the princess."

The four

Soran22 (Lord Karun's son), giant at 6 feet 9 inches tall, Strong Muscular body, chiseled features, blonde hair, blue eyes, master of hand to hand combat, known as fighting machine

Marvin 23 (Bane's son), 6 feet 2 inches tall, Muscular built, good looking blonde, best at sword fighting

Aron 23 (Jard's son), 6 feet 1 inches, slim and toned body not that muscular, Master archer and good with knivess, brown hair and eyes, a very handsome young man

and Ron 24 (Sid's son), 5 feet 11 inches, slim and smart, extremely good looking, blonde hair, green eyes, great sword fighting skills

Aron's POV

We were at the arena, a large space surrounded by forests in East West and North. The southern slope of arena faced the ocean. It was a beautiful sight. All four of us were preparying very hard for the tournament. We were a good match for each other. However in our hearts we had selected Soran as our Leader. We had full trust in his skills and we already looked at him as our King. He was a hero to everyone. Girls were all over him except for one. Princess Arden was the only one person in the Kingdom whose eyes challenged his personality. She impressed or should I say hypnotized all but was impressed by none.

At present we were discussing her after our daily training in the arena.

Marvin was preparing Soran to ask the princess out for a very long time.. And at present he was doing the same

"Soran my man, you have got the guts. Tomorrow is the opening ceremony of the tournament. It would be followed by the Grand Ball. You must ask the princess for a dance.. If you don't then I would ask her out"..

Soran looked at Marvin angrily. Ron was chuckling as usual.

"Soran is a great warrior but the only fight he can never win is the one with the princess"

Said Ron

I gravely looked at Soran and told him to do it this time or she would never respect him..

Soran looked back at me and after a pause hesitantly spoke to us all

" I am afraid to go near her. Her presence is like a drug. Its addictive.. Whenever I am near her I want to make her mine. I become jealous of all the eyes staring at her. And I want to kill every one ogling her. I don't know what I will do with myself."

After blurting it out Soran put his head in his hands and sighed..

His sad and cute gesture made us all laugh.