Chapter.9. Young Love

One year Back

Arden 17 years old

POV

It was midnight but I was restless in my bed. I couldn't sleep. How could I sleep when my little angel Laila was sleeping in the same room?

I called her name twice but when there was no response. I went to her bed side. These days it was my favorite pastime to sit next to her watching her angelic face. I knew it was wrong but she had been in my room for the past one year and the only thing between her and me was my self control.. In my World If people came to know that a girl was sleeping in a man's room for one year then her honor would be compromised and the only solution would be for her to marry that man...

Alas it was not possible in my case.. The one I loved didn't know the truth,, though these days she was a bit cautious with me..

I looked at her one more time and couldn't resist and so I kissed her for the very first time on her lips. Her eyes opened at that instant and I knew that she knew that I kissed her. Her heart was beating at a rapid pace and her eyes were wide open. I looked into those mesmerizing hazel orbs and kissed her once more. Then I went to my bed and slept soundly for the first time since she became a permanent night companion.

The next day when I woke up I was fresh and happy; however, my angel seemed tired. We didn't discuss what happened last night.

From that day onwards it became a routine. Each night I would go to her bed, kiss her lips and then would sleep soundly. She never resisted my kisses. However now she was aware of the attraction I had for her.. She was especially very hesitant when we were in the swimming pool..Although other girls were always present at these times but my eyes were only for her and now she knew it.. It was an untold secret between the two of us..

Many a times she would change in front of my probing eyes. At such times her heart became erratic. It made me happy to know that I was the one who was bringing out all these emotions in her. However there were times when she seemed afraid of me.. But I knew my boundaries.. I never touched her inappropriately. I only stole one kiss each night, nothing more.

There were also times when she seemed concerned about me.. Once I hurt my finger with a fruit knife and when she saw my blood oozing out she started crying. She bandaged my finger and held my hand for a very long time.. Later she abruptly left my chamber.. That was the only night she didn't sleep in my room..