Chapter.6. The fighter

Negasso

Age"23

Somewhere in eastern Africa

6 feet 7 inches tall

Stoutly built

Dark handsome man with an aura of danger surrounding him

After his day's work in the field Negasso went to the land lord to receive his wages. He then proceeded to his hut. On his way he met Meles a talkative villager who asked him to join him for a drink. As usual Negasso silently rejected the invitation. He seldom talked to anyone. He was once an avid drinker but not anymore.

After avoiding Meles, he started walking towards his small hut.

Negasso was born a slave and was trained rigorously by his various masters to fight in world renowned Arenas. He had never lost a single fight in his life. Five years back he was sold in Atlanta to a new Master. In Atlantan arenas it was fight till death. Negasso killed many men while there. He was a gentle soul trying to survive. Killing was never his thing so all those deeds performed in order to survive broke his soul. One day prior to a big fight the other slaves ganged up on him and almost killed him. His master ordered his servants to get rid of him and dump his body in the river hakra. At the gate of arena they were stopped by a young man asking for directions. The man was no other than prince Almish. He informed them that he had a healer who could help Negasso with his injuries. However the servants laughed at his suggestion and told him to leave. The prince was a persistent man. He immediately accessed Negasso's Master and offered to buy the dying slave. Negasso's Master was extremely greedy. He knew that even if Negasso was treated he could never fight again in the arena (though he was very wrong). So he sold his dying body to the prince. Royal heaelers saved him using exotic medicine. He was now indebted to the prince.

Negasso remained with the prince for 6 months. It was the first time in his life that he was treated as a human being rather than a merchandize. He was equal to the prince just as any of his friends. The prince even took him as a guest to his Kingdom Kazan.

Kazan had a perfect society. All people were treated justly by King Darius, the father of Almish. After Negasso's full recovery the prince told him that he was a free man and he could live his life in Kazan or he could go anywhere he liked.

Negasso chose to go back to his mother land Africa as a free man. He was now living his life as a farmer. He wanted to purchase a farm land, perhaps marry some day and have kids. He had saved enough money to pursue his dream of a happy life. It was all due to his friend Almish.

As he reached his hut he found a messenger from Kazan anxiously waiting for him. The messenger delivered him the latest news from Kazan. His friend was ill and needed his help.

He took out all the money he had hidden in his hut and started preparations for travelling to Kazan. Working in the fields had made his body tough again. He would do everything and anything in his power to save his friend from his illness. He would go anywhere in the world to find a cure for his friend.