The End to an Oddly Exciting Day

Sakura entered the girl's locker room and headed straight to her locker to grab her clothes and backpack. She changed quickly and shouted out "I'm going to hang with the guys for the last few minutes of class, see you all in a moment," as she exited the locker room to the gym.

Sakura strode over to her male friends, Naruto was talking animatedly with Kiba and Kankuro. Sakura was unsure of what they were talking about but she did hear something along the lines of, "and I was all like WOOHOO but he just looked at me like I was some idiot!"

Kiba and Kankuro looked just as confused as Sakura did so she asked the blonde bot to clarify, "What are you going on about Naruto?"

Naruto looked genuinely stumped at her question and stared at her for a few moments before shrugging his shoulders and answering, "Oh nothing, I don't even remember."

Naruto turned around to bother his stoic best friend who had just walked out of the boy's locker room after changing. Sakura balked at him in confusion as he walked away her face scrunched up in confusion. The two brunettes boys next her chuckling at her face, she turned her attention to them.

"What was he talking about?" she questioned. Kiba shook his head laughing, "I honestly couldn't tell you. We were lost about 30 seconds in everything else was just a bunch of incoherent rambling."

Sakura raised her eyebrows in surprise, "Then why were you still listening to him?"

"Because, Sweet-cheeks, we're not assholes. Neither of us wanted to ignore when he seemed so excited about whatever he was talking about." Kankuro said with a shrug.

Sakura shook her head with a laugh, the guys here sure were lively, if not a little strange. She pulled out her phone and plugged her headphones in to listen to music the rest of class and on her way home. She scrolled through her music list and found what she wanted to listen to at the moment, La Vie en Rose, by IZ*ONE and turned it on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rang about halfway through the song and she paused it with just enough time to bid her new friends and classmates a farewell and that she would see them the next day. They all nodded their heads expressing the same sentiments and everyone went their separate ways.

Her walk home was far more relaxed then her walk to school because she didn't bump into any rude or annoying red-haired girls this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When she arrived at her home, Sakura unlocked her front door and stepped into the lonely, dark three bedroom house closing the door behind her. Her green eyes surveyed the living and dining room area noticing that her mom unpacked a couple of boxes after she left for school.

Sakura stepped into the kitchen flipping on the light and immediately noticed the note with a neat stack of cash next to it. Sakura scanned the note but it didn't have any pertinent information that she did not already know. Mebuki basically wrote that she would be back on next Thursday like they had discussed and that she left Sakura one-hundred and fifty dollars to last her until then. She could use it how she liked as long as she was responsible.

Sakura finished reading the note and put the money into her wallet for safe keeping, before making herself a quick snack of instant ramen that her mother bought along with many other groceries.

She poured the boiling water over the instant noodles and took her them with her to watch a little TV. She turned it on to Netflix and started re-watching one of her favorite TV shows, Gilmore Girls. She made it through the first 5 episodes and was starting to feel a little hungry.

Sakura made her way back into the kitchen to make herself some dinner. After scanning the pantry and refrigerator she decided upon making her specialty, beef stroganoff. It was one of the first meals she learned to make and was also one of her favorites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the meal was finished, the pinkette made herself a plate and placed the rest of the leftovers in the refrigerator for the next night. Sakura finished dinner, cleaned up the kitchen and walked up the stairs to her bedroom.

She jumped on her bed to relaxing into the soft mattress as she reminisced about her very strange, yet oddly enjoyable first day at Konoha High. She pulled out her favorite book at the moment and began to read.

Her green eyes began to droop and before she knew it the pink-haired beauty was fast asleep, the book slipping out of her hands onto the carpeted floor.

She dreamed about the colorful characters at her new school and the wacky adventures she could seem them getting into as they grow closer.