Strange Teachers

A few minutes later, the foursome walked into the room and over to a small group of people.

'These must be a few more of their friends,' Sakura mused looking over the rag-tag lot of teens. There were three boys and two girls.

"Hey everyone! This is my new friend, Sakura Haruno." Naruto vocalized throwing his arm around her.

"I think she is perfectly capable of introducing herself, Naruto." Ino said.

"Hey lovely, the names Kankuro, and I can confidently say that going on a date with me will be the best decision of your life." a boy with brunette hair tossed every which way. He also had brown eyes and his face was covered in intricate purple paint. He started to bring Sakura's hand to lips when someone whacked him on the head.

The girl who had hit Kankuro over the head had dirty blonde hair that was tied in four pig-tails and beautiful teal colored eyes. "Stop being such a creep, Kankuro. I am Temari these two idiots older sister." She said pointing to Kakuro and another boy.

The other boy she pointed at had blood red hair, the bangs dancing with edge of his tattoo. Sakura noticed that it was the Kanji symbol for love. He also had dark black eyeliner that ringed the prettiest sea-foam green eyes she had ever seen.

The redhead stared at Sakura with the same unreadable expression that both Sasuke and the other long haired boy had this morning. 'Oh what great conversationalists you are. Why does it seem like you have to pull teeth in order to get some kind of response from half the guys who go here?' Sakura noted with a slight irritation.

"That's Gaara he doesn't talk too much." Naruto spoke up slapping his hand on the redhead's back almost causing him to bump into a desk.

"M-my names H-Hinata Hyuuga." A pretty violet haired girl uttered from behind Ino. Sakura noted that she had the same unique eyes that the boy had from this morning.

"Hinata, do you have a brother or something? I saw a boy who looked similar to you this morning." Sakura asked.

Before Hinata could answer the question another voice spoke up. "I assume you're talking about me, I am her cousin though not her sibling."

Sakura turned to the voice and came face-to-face with the same boy that told her how to get to the office this morning. "I'm Neji."

"Nice to meet you all." Sakura greeted with an enchanting smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A moment later a woman with raven colored hair that reached the middle of her back and vermillion irises stepped into the room as the bell rang. She set her bag on the desk and pulled out a sheet of paper from an organized binder.

"Good morning class. How was your summer break?" she questioned her red eyes scanning the room as students mumbled "good" and "it wasn't long enough."

Continuing once the muttering had died down, "now usually I would be upset if I still saw students standing when the bell rang but since I am assigning seats anyway I'll let it slide." She remarked her eyes landing on Naruto and Kankuro who were still standing.

They two boys laughed nervously and mumbled apologies their eyes not meeting the strict teacher's. Kurenai shook her head and told them to remain standing as she began assigning seats to everyone.

When she got to her name, Kurenai smiled "welcome to Konoha High Sakura." Sakura replied with a thank you and listened to where she was going to sit.

Sakura ended up on the left side of the room in the third row. Naruto was in front of her, Hinata to her left, Sasuke on her right and Gaara was behind her. The other members of the group were scattered around the room.

"Yay! I get to sit by Sakura-chan!" Naruto cheered raising his fist in the air.

"Be quiet Naruto or I will move." Kurenai warned passing out the class syllabus.

"Since it's the first day of the semester, we will just be going over the syllabus. It will tell you the supplies you will need for this class as well as my grading system and any class rules outside the normal code of conduct." Kurenai stated and then began to read the syllabus in depth for the remainder of the period.

The bell rang at nine-thirty to signal the end of their first hour. The students gathered the belongings and went to their next class, Kurenai bidding them a farewell.

"So, does anyone have AP language arts for second hour?" Sakura inquired her green eyes glancing around in hopefulness.

Every around her shook their heads except for Hinata. "N-Neji has advanced l-language arts next hour w-with K-Kakashi-Sensei." She stuttered her cheeks tinging a slight pink.

Neji who had heard his name briefly turned around and sent a question glance at his cousin.

"Hey! Neji! Walk Sakura to your next class!" Naruto shouted at the brown haired boy.

"It's okay Naruto. I am sure I can find my way there. I mean we do have Kakashi for Homeroom." Sakura explained she really didn't want to upset the Hyuuga male.

Just as Naruto was going to object, Neji came up to the duo and picked up Sakura's bag. "Are you coming or not?"

Sakura gaped at the boy but scurried after him as he exited the room. She didn't actually expect him to take him to Kakashi's room. He didn't seem like the type of person to help others just because they need.

"Thank you so much, Neji. This is the second you've helped me today." The bubblegum headed girl beamed as they arrived at their destination.

The addressed boy didn't respond he just entered the room and sat down in one of the seats in the front row. He placed Sakura's bag in the seat next to him.

'I guess that means he wants me to sit beside him?' she thought amused. 'He could've said something.'

Sakura went to sit in the chair where her bag was deposited. While she searched through her backpack for a pencil, a girl with brown hair that was pulled into twin buns and chocolate brown eyes came up to Neji.

"How's it going, Neji?" asked the girl before noticing Sakura. "Oh! Hi! I'm Tenten and this is Shikamaru." She introduced pointed to the boy behind her. He was also a brunette, his hair piled at the top of his head resembling a pineapple. He seemed to be either sleep deprived or incredibly bored, but was handsome nonetheless.

'Actually almost every guy here seems to be blessed with good looks.' The pinkette contemplated.

Tenten sat on the other side of Sakura, Shikamaru behind her, and struck up a conversation with blossom haired girl. Sakura found out that Tenten was skilled in weaponry and actually placed fourth in all of the fire country in target shooting, despite being the youngest by over seven years.

As the bell rang a few minutes later a band of boys entered the room together. One of them glanced at Kakashi's desk and was annoyed that their teacher was not there on time just like during Sakura's homeroom.

"Where the FUCK is Kakashi? If I have to be here on time, this jackass does too!" a muscular silver haired male roared his violet eyes glaring at the empty desk.

"I am right here Hidan." Kakashi retorted his one visible grey eye crinkling in amusement.

Hidan didn't seem to mind he got caught talking about his teacher and instead replied with, "it's about damn time."

Kakashi shook his head and walked up to his desk grabbing what Sakura could assume was a seating chart. She inwardly groaned and sent a prayer to any and all gods that she would not be sat next to anyone who was going to clearly be a distraction in her studies. She really needed the college credit.