Started Off On The Wrong Foot

Beep.... Beep... Beep... Beep...

A groan resonated from underneath a lavender comforter. The sound escaped from the lips of none other Sakura Haruno, a sixteen year old girl who had been sleeping soundly and dreamlessly only moments ago. She blindly felt alongside the edge of her bedside table for her irritating alarm clock, slamming her palm on the snooze button and effectively silencing it.

She let out a contented sigh and snuggled deeper into the bed hoping to get another fifteen minutes of sleep. Just as she was dozing off another, even louder, sound erupted from the bottom of the staircase. A sound that she wasn't going to ignore as easily.

"Sakura Haruno! If you are not out of bed and downstairs in the next twenty minutes I will personally drag you out by your hair! You have to walk to school and it takes 10 minutes and it is a quarter after seven! It's the first day so you are not going to be late!" Screamed Mebuki Haruno as she held onto the staircase banister.

The teenage girl briefly debated whether she should take her chances but reasoned that Mebuki did not make empty threats and that it was best to just do as she was told. Sakura begrudgingly opened her bright green eyes and moved to get out of bed. She shivered as the chilly air settled on her small frame after tossing the blankets to the side.

Sakura crossed the room to her bathroom and closed the door behind her. She stripped and stepped into her shower washing her hair petal colored hair with her favorite shampoo and conditioner that smelled like coconut. Then she scrubbed her body with her body wash that smelled like mixed freshly picked berries. Rinsing the suds off she wrapped her fluffy pink towel around herself and walked to the sink to brush her pearly whites.

Once she was done with all of hygienic morning activities, Sakura walked over to her closet and began picking out an outfit that day. Usually she wore an old t-shirt and a pair of jeans, but today she felt like making a decent first impression so she decided a sleeveless, shear, royal blue top with white polka-dots with a white spaghetti strap tank-top underneath and a pair of white jeans. She pair that with a pair of black ankle boots.

Sakura also brushed her shoulder-length pink tresses and applied a little eye-liner and mascara and her cherry flavored lip balm. She glanced at herself in the mirror and nodded in approval. She grasped her book-bag, exited her room and headed down the stairs to greet her mother.

Mebuki Haruno, clearly still assuming Sakura was still asleep stormed over to the staircase and began to shout again, "Sakura get a move on! It's nearly 7:35 and school starts at 8 o'clock sharp!"

"Mom I am ready. You don't need to keep screaming. We don't the neighbors to hate us when we just moved it this past week." Sakura teased giving her mom a cheeky grin.

"Oh, you hush up. You know good and well that you would still be asleep if it wasn't for me waking you up." Mebuki pointed out. "Now, what would you like for breakfast?" the blonde woman asked strolling over to the pantry.

She opened the door and blanched. There wasn't anything inside except for a loan box of banana granola bars, a bag of sugar and some coffee.

"Well it looks like your choices are granola bars and granola bars." She said sheepishly scratching the back of her neck.

Sakura chuckled, "such choices! I guess I'll go with the granola bars."

"I'm sorry honey, I guess I've been so busy with the move I haven't had the chance to go shopping. Don't worry though, we'll have a fully stocked kitchen tonight." She said as handed a bar to Sakura.

Mebuki made herself a cup of coffee as Sakura unwrapped her breakfast.

"Sakura, sweetie, I know we just moved here because of my job, but I got a call this morning and Mr. Aizawa wants me to go on a business trip to seal the deal on this small business we've been trying to snag for months."

"How long will you be gone?" Sakura asked.

"A little over a week. I should be back next Thursday and since its Monday I guess 10 days, but I have to leave at 2 o'clock so I will be gone before you get home from school." Mebuki answered with a small smile.

"Be safe. I want you back in one piece, OK? I will also get some of these boxes unpacked and things put up while you are away."

"It's a deal!" she said as she moved to hug her lovely daughter.

Sakura returned the endearing grasp but caught a glimpse at the clock a moment later. "AH! I have to go! It's already 7:45 and I want to have time to find my locker and the office before homeroom starts!"

Sakura ran to the door and blew her mom a kiss. "I love you mom!" she shouted slamming the door behind her and dashing down the pavement.

"I love too my sweet girl." Mebuki whispered as she watched her daughter trip almost face-plant over an edge in the sidewalk.

After she was on the street that led directly to the Konoha High School grounds, Sakura took out her phone and selecting the music app. Choosing the song she wanted to listen to, the pinkette put in her ear-buds. The song was "Alone" by Alan Walker, though her favorite by him was "Faded."

As she strolled down the side-walk, Sakura began to think about her new school. 'I wonder what kind of people to Konoha High School? Will they like me? Sure it sounds juvenile to ask such a question being sixteen but I didn't have too many friends in Amegakure. My hair and sometimes over-the-top personality tended to scare people.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lost deep in thought, Sakura did not pay attention to her surroundings and accidentally collided with something or rather someone. She sent the young woman she ran into careening into the pavement. The girl sat rubbing her ankle in pain.

The bubblegum-headed girl moved to assist the other girl up when her red bespectacled eyes snapped in Sakura's direction. She curled her lip in disgust at Sakura's extended hand getting up her own and dusting the dirt off of herself.

"Watch where you're going next, you stupid bitch!" the red-haired girl growled.

"I'm so-excuse me?!" Sakura asked bewildered, she was shocked that the other girl would react with such hostility to an accident.

"Are you deaf too? I said, WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING NEXT TIME, YOU STUPID BITCH!" yelled the redhead rolling her crimson irises. She then turned and stomped up the school steps disappearing behind forest green doors.

'I can't believe that girl! She acted like I intentionally bumped into her! I have never been spoken to so rudely in my life!' Sakura noted heavily insulted but nonetheless turned her attention to the building less than fifteen feet away from her.

To say it was big would be an understatement. The brick building was humongous, easily four or five times bigger than the public school she went to in Amegakure. The class she would have graduated with if she had stayed had a mere one-hundred and eight students. Sakura didn't have any idea how many students were at Konoha high but she assumed it was going to be more than 108.

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, Sakura walked up the steps, gripped the iron door handle and threw open the green doors silently praying for an easy-going and care-free first day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~