[Part2] ⤀ 24] Sisters of the Sea

Mulai dari awal

Darya stays still, shaking in fear as she waits for me to fix this. What I'm doing isn't working properly, but I feel my blood boiling with passion to protect.

My family.

My sister.

I needed to save her life!

"Lily–?" Darya whispers, closing her eyes, scared stiff.

"It's not enough, I need to use the water, wait, actually, let me –" I get an insane idea.

I pull up my hand and I press my finger to the wound I made, trying to use my power over the Rough, to pull out her blood.

I close my eyes and I feel for my threads over the Rough.

I feel... something else flood into me.

It's an odd, strange sensation of magic, the sea seems to boil near me, steam rises as I thread her blood out of her skin like it's second nature. Even my gaze shifts, the twilight descending turns to opposing colours – almost as if I've turned on some kind of night vision.

Without panicking, I pull out her blood, even when she starts whimpering in fear – I do my best and then I pull back, while the black blood soaks the sand, my vision wobbles as it switches back to the normal spectrum of colour. The water stops steaming near the shore and Darya lies unconscious, but no black veins are present.

I feel strangely elated but numb, as I watch what I did – a blood puddle filled with black poison in the sand, while the sand under the boiling shallows had turned black as well.

What was that power I harnessed?

When I regain my composure after a minute, I crawl over and check her heart beat – she is fine.

Darya is simply resting with a small nap.

What in the Water's Will?

I wonder why Blade caused Darya such trouble, if it was just jealousy of Bellus being Eros' Second.

But, in truth, I am more concerned about whatever power that was that I just harnessed.

I think on it, and no answers come, but within the quiet hour, more company arrives as I'm sitting by Darya.

All my sisters arrive together.

Halina included.

I'm shocked as they all come out of the water, and they all approach with solemn steps.

Halina sits opposite me, avoiding my gaze, staring at the ocean, but also looking rather guilty.

"Why are you all here?" I whisper, eventually.

"Servants of the Water's Will," Rivea speaks as she sits on my left, while Vanora sits on my right, "...we all felt her dying and you saving her..." Rivea explains, "We gave you all our powers – a release, briefly... we channelled it into you, Lily. You requested it. We felt the emergency."

Roanne and Zandy attend to Darya, unable to meet my gaze either.

"You can channel your powers into me?" I ask them all.

"We always could," Halina speaks up, "We just didn't know. Until recently we've only started to learn of our fate. Some things we've been recently told are very..." she just locks her jaw and shakes her head, looking at the sea, disgust written plainly on her face.

From what?

"What do you know?" I ask, feeling numb and confused.

"Fantasia told the six of us about the destiny of the Servants of the Waters Will," Zandy murmurs, looking up from Darya's flushed cheeks, to my drained face, "Just before she died. She tried to pry us apart to teach us we would always come back together. Hate and love is very closely tied."