Ch. 6

Red Hot
Ch Six: Hot and Cold

{VALERIE}

Trace made good on his word ... after introducing me to a few people...all of which I can hardly remember, he held me right against his body as we danced for what must've been all night, never once changing partners, much less looking at another person, as neither one of us could be bothered to tear our gaze away from one another longer to notice anyone else.

In a way it was so intimate dancing with Trace, even if it was out in the open for everyone to see.

He held me close to him, always smiling at me, and sometimes when I began to feel uncomfortable with everyone (obviously) watching us as we danced in the middle of the dance floor, he'd smirk and take the hand that held my hip and slowly moved it to the small of my back, giving me a reassuring sort of back rub that silently said "let 'em stare."

It was during that moment that I had also rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes, enjoying the moment...trying to remember everything about it.

Cheesy, I know...but this was special.

Sure I'd gone to dances before and danced with various guys...most of them would have already let their hands begin to trail to my ass as or pulled me off the dance floor altogether to find the nearest empty room.

Now don't get me wrong...I'm not a complete slut, I mean sure I like to have fun and what not...but I only slept with guys I was in relationships with because I thought they loved me...but it wasn't me they loved, no...they loved the sex and it'd always end the same...with them moving onto the next girl for newer sex, because who wants the same girl right?

I lifted my head and looked up at Trace.

A small smirked played on his lips now. "Hi."

I couldn't help but smile, "Hey...can we take a break?"

He nodded and released me, and oddly...as I couldn't feel his hands around me anymore I kind of stood there not really knowing what to do. Once again he must have sensed it somehow as suddenly his hand made it's way to the small of my back and he casually walked us off of the dance floor.

I looked around and noticed that the party was basically over...just how long had we truly danced?

Only a few people stood around lost in their own conversations or dancing and two of them began to make their way over to us now.

"Hey you two, we're gonna take off." My sister sounded as she and Braxton held hands.

I moved slightly away from Trace so as not to be super obvious around them and also so I could hug my sister.

"I feel like I hardly got to spend any time with you." I mentioned as I hugged her. "We'll have to hang sometime soon."

"Of Course." She smiled then turned her attention to Trace, "Thank you for inviting us Alpha Johnson."

"It's always my honor Luna, Harper." He smiled.

I hugged Braxton now, "You better take care of my sister B..."

"Always." He chuckled before turning to also acknowledge Trace, his was a lot less formal than Harpers though. "Trace." He said with a nod, but with a slight smirk barely visible.

Trace smirked as he rolled his eyes slightly before he nodded his own head. "Yeah...you two be careful."

We watched them go before I looked up to him once more, "What was that all about?" I asked, still thinking about Braxton and Trace's parting words.